What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit?

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #1  

FordGuy62

Tractor
Kubota L3430
I recently purchased a Ford 1700 tractor with 770 loader and 758 backhoe with subframe mount. Will the loader and backhoe fit a newer Ford or New Holland? Because I need turf tires/rims and a mower, and my tractor has 2100 hours, one option is to buy a tractor with turf tires and mower and sell the 1700 alone. I want to keep the 770 and 758 (and I got a really good deal on this tractor) but need to know whether they are a direct bolt-on to a newer Ford/New Holland tractor. I've located a clean, low hours 1715. Can anyone tell me whether the 770 and 758 will fit a 1715 without modification? What is the difference between 770/758 "A" and "B"? Mine have no letter designation, just the number. Thanks!

Last edited:
   / What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #2  
I think you might be able to find your Turf tires and rims at Weavers compact tractor parts in Shippens Burg Pennsylvania they had piles of them.

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #3  
770A and 770B FELs fit 1710, 1510,1310,1910, but will likely need different frame mounts. Best to buy FEL with the tractor. Your 758 will likely use different subframe on newer tractor.

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #4  
According to the online parts diagrams at Messick's, that particular subframe for the 758C backhoe will fit the following models:

TC25 - TC34DA
1320 - 1715
1530 - 1925

New Holland 758C Backhoe (6/00- ) Parts Catalogs

If you search on their site for the loader, you should find a similar list of subframe drawings that will help you figure out if it fits. Given that the backhoe seems to be compatible, I would guess the loader is probably compatible as well, but please verify! :)

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #5  
Oh, and don't forget to keep all your mounting brackets. I can tell you from experience they get REAL pricey if you need to buy them now!

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #6  
Did a little more digging, and the mounts appear to be different. For the 1700, the loader appears to be a model 770, while for the 1715, it looks like it would have to be either the 770A or 770B, and the mounts are different.

There may be some way to get creative and make it work, but as far as straight bolt-on conversion, it looks like you srike out on the loader.

Now you have to figure out if keeping the backhoe and buying a loader is worth it to you or if you want to risk finding a way to make the loader work.

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit?
Wow! Thanks for all of the info. I'll do some more research on the site you mentioned. Looks like my choices are coming down to finding a newer tractor & FEL w/turf tires that the 758 will fit, or finding turf tires & rims for my 1700, and adding ROPS. I appreciate the help, I was striking out on all of my internet searching.

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #8  
Hello, new to forum. Just purchased a Ford 1700 with the intention of adding a FEL and backhoe in the future, which I believe are the 770 and 758. If you or anyone has one or both for sale I may be interested.

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit?
Welcome! (feels weird to welcome someone when I'm so new). Yes, mine has the 770 loader and 758 backhoe. I don't know of any for sale but have seen this one listed for a while... Tractor, Backhoe, Loader by Hobby Horse Ranch L.L.C. The price seems rediculous and it also doesn't have a subframe (3 pt mount). As I understand it the subframe is critical to prevent overstressing the engine block/bellhousing & maybe other areas of the drivetrain. Mine has a subframe. I just removed it over the weekend, wasn't bad. I did notice that it looks like one cross-member is broken off. The subframe looked like it has been moving a little side to side, probably in part due to the broken cross-member.

I'd like to find some turf tires & rims. I'd trade my ag tires & rims for some.

/ What Ford Tractors will a 770 Loader and 758 Backhoe Fit? #10  
For whom wants a ford 770 tractor with 758 backhoe - nCC college use for training classes check out (auction international.com price is at $4600