New to tractors ford 1700 question.

/ New to tractors ford 1700 question. #171  
Next set of questions ..........leaky hydro. My joystick drips from the right lever, and a cylinder on the bucket drips. Are these tough to repair?
Also, any comments on how similar a 1600 is to a 1700?

They are very similar in many aspects. same joystick works on 1700 as well although I don't have loader on it. Spool need to be overhauled if you can find overhaul kit. Same with the cylinder, it requires a new shaft seal or cylinder gland if damaged. You have to undo the hyd lines going to cylinder, remove the pin, free it up and unscrew the gland and go to work. A bit leaky spool and gland is better than no tractor or hydraulics. I'd make sure to secure all parts prior to dis assembly. You can take the removed cylinder to a hyd shop for them to repair as well. Probably they can do the same on the spool valve.

JC.

/ New to tractors ford 1700 question. #172  
Any idea's on where rebuild kits could be obtained for that spool and cylinder?
I think I will start an entirely new thread on my 1600 vs continuing to hijack this thread!

/ New to tractors ford 1700 question. #173  
Any idea's on where rebuild kits could be obtained for that spool and cylinder?
I think I will start an entirely new thread on my 1600 vs continuing to hijack this thread!

I'd start with NH, on line sources and call around locally. You can find all the parts # for the loader and spool. you can Google those individual part or on Fleabay.

Best place to start is NH on line Parts website.

JC,'

Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors.