Woods BH7500 backhoe

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe #1  

jjbath

Silver Member
Tractor
TC35
I found a used Woods BH7500 backhoe for $2500 at a local dealer. It has a PTO pump and a Kubota frame mount. The dealer told me that a frame mount for my TC35 would cost $1900 and the 3pt would be $500.

I'd prefer the frame mount but $1900 is just ridiculous. Has anyone tried modifying a kubota mount to work with a TC series tractor? I'm wondering how much work it would be? If its too much work I'll just get the 3pt mount.

Another thought is that I could sell the kubota mount that comes with it to help pay for the TC35 mount.

I can't really understand why the TC35 mount is so much. I figured it would be between $800 and $1200. He even told me that most of the mounts are around $1000. So there must be something really special with the TC35.

What do you think about the 3pt route? I know most would agree that a subframe is best but in this case the price is too steep for me.

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe #3  
Have you checked with other dealers or directly with the factory on the price of the frame mount? $1900 does sound exceptionally high. Also, the factory might have an opinion about whether a different mount that is perhaps a bit more generic would work in your case.

That being said, I would highly recommend the frame mount over the 3 point. Back hoe work puts a lot of stress on the tractor. It might be better to buy the custom mount, do the jobs that need to be done, and sell the combination to recover some of your money.

Good luck,

Kurt

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe
I contacted woods and they said the mount is actually more and the dealer was discounting it. I don't see why the cost is so high.

They also said not to use a 3pt mount on a tc35 as chassis damage would result.

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe
I contacted woods and they said the mount is actually more and the dealer was discounting it. I don't see why the cost is so high.

They also said not to use a 3pt mount on a tc35 as chassis damage would result.

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe #6  
I'd prefer a frame mount for my 7500 as well, but my dealer thought I was nuts for asking about it. I described how I would use it and he was 100% sure that the 3 ph would be fine. He's been 100% right so far - I've had it about 6 years. It does make me a little nervous. You do have to take what you read here with a grain of salt. Your tractor will not simply fall apart the first time you attache a 3ph backhoe to it. However you do have to be smart about how you use it.

<I'm ready for the flames to start flying.>

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe
I'd prefer a frame mount for my 7500 as well, but my dealer thought I was nuts for asking about it. I described how I would use it and he was 100% sure that the 3 ph would be fine. He's been 100% right so far - I've had it about 6 years. It does make me a little nervous. You do have to take what you read here with a grain of salt. Your tractor will not simply fall apart the first time you attache a 3ph backhoe to it. However you do have to be smart about how you use it.

<I'm ready for the flames to start flying.>

What model is you tractor? I was thinking the same thing. Besides my TC35 has the NH subframe already mounted so that should help stiffen things up too.

/ Woods BH7500 backhoe #8  
I just picked up a new BH850 with a Kubota frame mount that is not correct for my L4350. After extensive questioning I determined that I can "mod" the frame to fit. It just requires widening a bit and drilling a couple of holes in the forward brackets that attach to the loader frame. I sold a 3PT backhoe in favor of the 4PT mount unit which is a much heavier unit. Paid less than 4 grand for the entire setup. $2500 for the used unit and frame sounds like a good deal unless the unit is worn out.

Attachments

• DSCF0192.JPG
    DSCF0192.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 2,387
   / Woods BH7500 backhoe
I just picked up a new BH850 with a Kubota frame mount that is not correct for my L4350. After extensive questioning I determined that I can "mod" the frame to fit. It just requires widening a bit and drilling a couple of holes in the forward brackets that attach to the loader frame. I sold a 3PT backhoe in favor of the 4PT mount unit which is a much heavier unit. Paid less than 4 grand for the entire setup. $2500 for the used unit and frame sounds like a good deal unless the unit is worn out.

The mount that comes with the BH is from a 4330 I think the dealer said. Its doesn't look like an easy mod to fit the TC35. I'm sure I can make it work but the amount of work required may just not be worth it.

I may go the 3pt mount but make some braces out of the kubota frame that comes with it. I could also try selling the Kubota mount and use that money for the NH mount.

From the looks of it the BH just sat outside. The paint is faded but it doesn't appear that it was used all that much. Ann of the pins seem very tight.

My thought is that if I spent $2500 on the BH and $2000 on the subframe I may as well by a brand new BH. I think the NH dealer told me he would sell me a 758C for $6900 installed with frame mount.