Ford 1215

/ Ford 1215 #1  

Timjr

Hello,

I have a ford 1215 and need the tie rod ends for it. Do you know of anyone else besides newholland that has these? $ 65.00 is a little high for me. Any and all help is appreciated.

/ Ford 1215 #2  
Tim,

I just sold a set of 4 of these for cheap from a tractor that I am parting out.

To be honest, I have never seen these things wear out past the point of using them. Take them off and clean them up. I bet you find there is very little actual wear in the spherical joint. Get new rubber, tighten down the castle nut good and pump them full of grease.

You won't have near as much play as you think you have. The boots are about 8 bucks each from the dealer. You should be able to salvage the round metal ring that holds the top of the rubber in place.

/ Ford 1215
I have alot of play in mine. As in, I broke it into two pieces!! thanks for the help.

/ Ford 1215 #4  
I see a number of Ford tie rod ends listed on ebay, in the tractor parts category, for about $25-$30. I don't see any listed for a 1215, but many are only listed by part number. If you have the part number maybe you can find one there. Or ask one of the ebay vendors if they have what you seek.

/ Ford 1215 #5  
I think on the smaller Fords, 1100 thru 1320 they are all the same. You will have a left hand thread and a right hand thread though.

/ Ford 1215 #6  
You can go on the New Holland web site and confirm part numbers for the tie rods.

/ Ford 1215 #7  
I know this is an old tread but I went to my dealer and they don't carry the boots. I wanted to replace mine on a ford 1100 because they are cracked. Any suggestions?

/ Ford 1215 #8  
try partspring.com. they will have them.