TN75 - other TN's 4WD engaging issue.

/ TN75 - other TN's 4WD engaging issue. #1  

yeehaw

Bronze Member
If i can solve this 'un, this tractor should last me for a pretty good while... - TN75 4wd w/loader 2003 model - The 4wd is manually engaged, not push button, by raising a lever on the left hand side. up 4wd - down 2wd....What I have started to notice is that it will engage fine into 4wd, although I kinda have to find the "right" place for it - no just pulling up and going. The front tires spin good and all- and will take a strain (say pushing/digging dirt)-- yet after some period of time (minutes?) it will disengage on it's own even though the handle is all the way up. I can lower the handle - up again and 4wd is good again. I can even just pull up a little without lowering the handle (even though it is all the way up) and it will engage but it wont stay engaged.
(i thought the handle was just being hindered by something and needed to be able to be pulled higher, yet at the bottom it has a "c" or "u" that rocks back and forth and there is a stopper in the middle---and it is resting on the stopper when it is pulled all the way up)

I have taken a look at a schematic and it looks like there is a half moon "key" at the end of the push lever that should be locking into the gear(s) that may be worn down. Before I start ordering parts/taking on this by myself/(buddy :cool:)....
has anyone else experienced this issue as well and what was the outcome (the fix/how hard to fix...)
thanks again

/ TN75 - other TN's 4WD engaging issue. #2  
If i can solve this 'un, this tractor should last me for a pretty good while... - TN75 4wd w/loader 2003 model - The 4wd is manually engaged, not push button, by raising a lever on the left hand side. up 4wd - down 2wd....What I have started to notice is that it will engage fine into 4wd, although I kinda have to find the "right" place for it - no just pulling up and going. The front tires spin good and all- and will take a strain (say pushing/digging dirt)-- yet after some period of time (minutes?) it will disengage on it's own even though the handle is all the way up. I can lower the handle - up again and 4wd is good again. I can even just pull up a little without lowering the handle (even though it is all the way up) and it will engage but it wont stay engaged.
(i thought the handle was just being hindered by something and needed to be able to be pulled higher, yet at the bottom it has a "c" or "u" that rocks back and forth and there is a stopper in the middle---and it is resting on the stopper when it is pulled all the way up)

I have taken a look at a schematic and it looks like there is a half moon "key" at the end of the push lever that should be locking into the gear(s) that may be worn down. Before I start ordering parts/taking on this by myself/(buddy :cool:)....
has anyone else experienced this issue as well and what was the outcome (the fix/how hard to fix...)
thanks again

Just like to know if you received an answer to your problem. I have aTN 55 with exactly the same issue. Is there an adjustment we can make to ensure the four wheel drive remains engaged? Thanks

/ TN75 - other TN's 4WD engaging issue. #3  
When I look at the linkage below the lever, there is a cam with an Allen key. Can the Allen key be loosened and the cam repositioned slightly to ensure correct four wheel drive engagement? Thanks for your time.