Expensive Hat!

/ Expensive Hat! #1  

gator2

Tractor
New Holland TC40D/ 17LA Loader/ 758C Backhoe
O.K. Guys,
I've been to busy playing to write but, here it is. I went and did it, I purchased a 20-some- thousand dollar hat. See attached file for picture. I bought the hat and they threw the tractor in for free, nice of them, wasn't it? Still plenty of things to do yet, like attach the thumb on the backhoe, and see how tough it's going to be to disconnect the hoe. I'll continue reading, I'm always up for idea's and tips. Nice forum, enjoy.

/ Expensive Hat! #2  
Joe,

Congrats!!!!!! Nice looking hat... I mean machine. Did you purchase the thumb yet? Took some pics of my thumb this weekend. Was going to post the pic because I knew you and someone else is interested. You will not regret getting the thumb. Best of luck and be safe.

Derek

/ Expensive Hat! #3  
Gator,

Nice looking machine! I have a TC40D and love it. How do you like the hoe?

DaveV

/ Expensive Hat!
I love it, I wasn't sure how fast the hydrulics would work but they are great, it's real fast. It's a mid mount unit, alot of extra weight, but it' extra sturdy.

/ Expensive Hat! #5  
Joe,
Yes sir those <font color=blue>hats </font color=blue>do cost,but just think what those <font color=orange>t-shirts </font color=orange>cost. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Congratulations on your new NH,and may the weather in KY allow you to get some tractor time.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Expensive Hat! #6  
Nice looking trees in the background there on your attached picture.

What's a thumb? enjoy

/ Expensive Hat! #7  
It's a welded on attachment for the backhoe, it turns your bucket into a hand, sort-of, it makes it able to grab items.

/ Expensive Hat! #8  
Gator, and all other "blue" people,
Congratulations on your new tractor. This is my first posting on this site but I have been reading your past discussions with great interest! I feel like I know you all in a way, and can definitely relate to your feelings about your tractors. Don't have one yet but hope to soon. Been looking at the major 3 brands (colors) but seem to be settling in on New Holland.
Do you all use your tractors for part time work ever or just to do the jobs around home? I'm still trying to decide how big a tractor I need ( want! ). Is it practical to think a compact tractor will be able to dig the footings for a large garage foundation and will the backhoe on any of these units dig a septic trench that needs to be 36" wide and 24" deep and 80' long? (need 6 of them!) A friend of mine that has run heavy equipment is going to help me ( I am a firefighter and part time remodeling contractor, but have no experience with excavating), and sort of burst my bubble by saying I should save my money and rent a full size fel/backhoe to do the job. Thinkin the tractor would be good therapy even if it took longer... you all seem to be enjoying yours! Have 4 acres to mow and 4 acres woods and 12 acres of farm field that I would some day like to plant in hay myself. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.
Gator, what model Boomer is yours and would it do all the things I described?
Thanks for listening,
Rob Meyer (barnmedic)

/ Expensive Hat! #9  
Rob,

I've owned my TC45D w/HST, FEL, and 72" box scraper for just a few weeks now. 1.) Glad I bought NH. 2.) It's a good thing I didn't buy anything smaller. 3.) To move more dirt faster would require several pieces of equipment (e.g., dozer, excavator, and grader), but I work cheaper!

/ Expensive Hat! #10  
Sorry I didn't respond sooner Rob, but I was on vacation. I've got the 45D w/ supersteer, bucket and backhoe, see picture on the first posting.