TN 75D radiator clean up

/ TN 75D radiator clean up #1  

ironpen

Gold Member
Tractor
tn75s, tc33d, mc35, gt65, 6640, 3010s, TS110, TS115, TN70, Massey 5470, Kubota F2690
After having to replace my radiator in my TC 33D, I have become obsessed with keeping my radiators blown out. My 75 has cab and air and the oil cooler and A/C condenser both sit in front of the radiator. Does anyone know if the A/C condenser will slide out to the side to allow better cleaning? It looks and feels like it should, but I can't move it. Can anyone help me? BTW, the dealer left off the screen on the TC33 because it "wasn't needed" on the new one, but there is a slot for it and I went and picked it up from them and put it back in. Does everyone agree with this?? Thanks

/ TN 75D radiator clean up #2  
IIRC there's a wing nut or two that have to be loosened or removed to let the oil cooler and condenser slide out on the TN.

The pre-screen on the TC can go either way. If circumstances are such that the screen stops everything that gets under the hood, they are a good thing. If half the junk gets through and both the screen and radiator itself require frequent cleaning, it is more convenient to leave the screen off. The screen has been discontinued.

/ TN 75D radiator clean up #3  
I've had problems with dirt, seeds and chaff getting into the radiator core. There is no one cause, despite the fancy sleek hood, most cool air is drawn up from under the tractor around the front axle with chaff mixed in from what is disturbed from the ground. You can test this by propping the hood open a few inches for cool air to be drawn in from high above the ground. Than you can fabricate scoops high on the hood to draw cool clean air away from the ground. I also installed a Hogs Hair filter in front of the radiator to keep out chaff. The hog´s hair filter is tough and takes lots of abuse.

/ TN 75D radiator clean up #4  
On the TN
if you are standing at the front of the tractor staring at the radiator (looking back)
pop the two hydraulic hoses off the hooks on the top of the air cleaner assembly
on the far lower left hand side (facing the radiator), there is a druz quarter turn fastener that holds the the A/C condenser in place
flip that and the A/C condenser will slide out to the left.
Make sure you get the condenser back into the slots when you slide it back in, otherwise it will ride and cut the hydraulic hoses. DAMHIK

takes 2 seconds
really well designed.

/ TN 75D radiator clean up
Thanks, I will proceed to the tractor now and try it.