TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - hazards work

/ TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - hazards work #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - BAD SWITCH fixed

Working the tractor and just switched out forks and bucket. Had parked, turned off tractor (shift to N, set brake) and went up front to lock QA. Needed to reposition bucket so started tractor. Everything lite up, then nothing. No lights on the dash at all. Hazard does work. Put charger on new (less than a year) battery. Still nothing.

Looking at manual, trying to locate main fuse. Anyone give me a quick clue to where to start looking?

OK, located the main fuse and it is fine (hazards stopped when I pulled it). Will pull panel and check fuses.
Maybe switch?

Thanks

Last edited:
   / TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - hazards work #2  
Main fuse: on drivers side of the engine, just above the starter. If the hazards work, it is not the main fuse. You might evaluate the fuse block: Two screws to remove the front instrument cluster, on the left. If your PTO light is on, it is fuse #2.

/ TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - hazards work
OK - pulled both panels and when I took the side with the switch in it off, the switch came apart. I held it in place with my fingers and everything works. Just called the dealer (an hours drive each way) and he is holding a new one for me.

The switch sure looks flimsy. Looks like it is going to set me back $50+. The tractor only has 330 hours on it. Don't abuse it and I think this is a QC problem.

/ TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - hazards work
Drove an hour to the dealer and $62!! later I have a new switch. There don't appear to be any improvements in the design. I suspect I could have fixed the old switch with a some glue, but I'll keep it as a spare.

An hour back and I had the swtich in and tested in seconds. Getting the panels back on was another 20 minutes. Told the dealer this is making me see GREEN!

A couple of pictures to show you what a $62 switch looks like.

Attachments

• switch1.jpg
    switch1.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 183
  • switch2.jpg
    switch2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 152
   / TC40DA NO Power to swtich/panel - hazards work #5  
I don't like the rubber boot on the key. Sometimes it seems to stop the key from going all the way into the switch, it binds a bit and I end up trying to turn the key when it really isn't all the way in. I pulled the rubber boot off - and it fits better in my pocket.