T5060 issues

/ T5060 issues #1  

Kernopelli

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Mini Ex, Deere Z930A ZTR
My buddy came into work last night and told me his new T5060 had died on him and can't get it restarted. He said he was pretty low on fuel so he was trying to take it easy getting back to the barn. He said he was putting a load on it running up a grade in a high gear or at low RPM ( not sure which) and thought he just stalled it out. When he cranked it, it wouldn't fire and he assumed then that he had actually run out of fuel. He refueled it and bled the system to the injectors but he says it doesn't even act like it wants to fire off.

He was heading home this morning to give it another try but I told him I would ask the NH gurus if anyone had any insights. I was wondering if it could be electronic (safety switch somewhere, something needs reset?). He also mentioned that he has never been happy with the clutch engagement. He has 80hrs on it and he says there is no way to slip the clutch. When he does, it apparently "lurches" or grabs rather than smoothly engages ( for lack of a better description..the way he said it was " that d@mn thing will jump a foot or two instead of slip". Any ideas there? He's no newbie, he's been farming, running heavy equipment and mostly working on his own machines for 40 yrs so I feel confident he knows how to bleed the fuel system and slip a clutch ;) He'd also rather try to settle these issues himself without taking it in to the dealer...even if the clutch might be a warranty issue.

/ T5060 issues
Well, didn't get any replies but thought I'd update in case someone in the future saw the thread with similar issues.

Talked to him again last night and he said he bled the system again after he got home from work and she fired right up.

I also misunderstood him about the clutch, it hasn't been this way since day one but has been a gradual thing over the last 20-30 hrs of operation. He told me that he got his manual out yesterday to check on the clutch adjustment and it is done by the computer. You select a certain mode and follow an operational sequence and then it automatically adjusts all 4 clutches. Go figure. It sure sounds easier than the old way but I'd hate to try to work on something that potentially complicated!

He previously had a TS100 and was so pleased with it he updated to the 5060. He likes everything about it as well or better than the TS except fuel economy. He said the 5060 really sucks it down compared to the 100 which he always felt was very efficient for a 90hp tractor.

/ T5060 issues #3  
If he has found instructions for calibrating the clutches, he should do it. Tell him to recalibrate after the tractor is fully warmed up; at the end of the day would be perfect. He will notice a large difference in clutch modulation, I'll bet.
For the fuel issue, obviously don't let it run out. And for the fuel economy, thank the EPA. His T5060 is at least two 'tiers' later on emissions compliance than the TS100 he had. Every ramp-up of emissions requirements has resulted in poorer fuel economy.

/ T5060 issues
hehehe. Yeah, runn'in her dry wasn't in his plans for sure. We work midnight shift for state corrections and its hay season. He's working all night then going home and mowing all day. Squeezing every last drop of daylight...and fuel caught up with him.

"Calibrate" the clutch...I couldn't think of the word he used. My little Mitsubishi just gets an "adjustment" ;). Thanks for responding, I'll pass the advice along.

/ T5060 issues #5  
I have a NH 5060 2009 only 700 hrs on it but lately it have got fiece low in power no problem starting it in the mornings just really dead in power when cold and not much better when warm have changed all the filters on it including fuel line filter coming from tank didnt check if there is anything inside the tank yet does anyone know what wud be the problem or has anyone come across a similar problem

/ T5060 issues #6  
I have a NH 5060 2009 only 700 hrs on it but lately it have got fiece low in power no problem starting it in the mornings just really dead in power when cold and not much better when warm have changed all the filters on it including fuel line filter coming from tank didnt check if there is anything inside the tank yet does anyone know what wud be the problem or has anyone come across a similar problem

Make sure you have sufficient flow from the tank. If your tank has a suction tube, you'll have to blow back through it with compressed air to see if it's restricted with some crap and corruption.

Does you tractor have a separate water separator? Check that for clogging, icing , or gelling if the temps are low enough.
If your tractor has a lift pump, remove the cover and check the screen for clogging.

/ T5060 issues #7  
A friend of mine has a 3 year old NH T5060. He had to take it back to the dealer who advised that dust/particles from the brake linings had somehow found it's way and damaged the axle. When he got the bill he was not very happy and started to question the dealer who was suggesting he was heavy handed with the brakes and also said it was due to the hilly terrain of his farm. Just wondering has anybody else come across this type of problem.