An odd/stupid thing happened tonight...

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #1  

peterssj4034

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland T2320, New Holland T4.95
I was refueling my T2320 tonight, and one of my diesel cans has an enviro-flo nozzle on it. As I was lifting the can in place over the fuel tank, and placing the tip of the clear nozzle into the tank, the flex tube nozzle came off of the enviro-flo and fell directly into the fuel tank.

I've attached a picture of the nozzle, the piece on the right as you are looking at it fell in.

Thoughts on whether or not I need to take the tank off to fish it out? Will this cause problems, or is the likelihood that it causes flow problems unlikely because of it's shape/weight combined with the tank design?

Believe me, I feel stupid this happened and that I am posting this.:mad:

Attachments

• Enviro-flo.jpg
    Enviro-flo.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 239
   / An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #2  
I cannot imagine that it could block the fuel intake fitting nor any other thing that would hurt the tractor.

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #4  
Guess I would just run it and see,if it don't act any different than would keep running it,if it did run different,well,what can you do,maybe drain it and look for what the guy said,maybe a line and fishing treble hook,but if it won't get fuel right,than you gotta get it out.

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #5  
I'm surprised it didn't float. I agree with above , but probably would try and retrieve without draining tank. I cant imagine it's too hard. The tool sighted above can be picked up at just about any hardware or Automotive store and will most likely do the trick.
- my 2 cents

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #6  
Shine a flashlight into the tank. If you see the tube floating on top of the fuel, fill tank to near top and fish it out with your fingers or a piece of bent wire.

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #7  
It can peacefully coexist in the tank for years, most likely the entire life of the tractor.

It will probably sink in diesel. The next time the tank gets low, look in there with a flashlight. You may be able to get it out with a tool of some sort, but be aware that the diesel will quickly dissolve any grease, grime, or dirt on the tool and contaminate your fuel even worse than just having the spout in there.

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #8  
Don't worry... be happy.

99.99% chance it will cause no problems.

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #9  
Good luck with yours ... And thanks for the warning! (I have the same nozzle)

/ An odd/stupid thing happened tonight... #10  
I bought a funnel and just take the 'enviro' spout off completely and pour the diesel into a funnel straight from the plastic 'can'.

Got tired of fighting with that thing.