TC33DA caution lights

/ TC33DA caution lights #1  

tinman565

Tractor
2005 NH TC33DA/Supersteer
2005 TC33DA....190 hrs. I wash the tractor 2 days ago (basic wash with garden hose, nothing major)...go to mow today, and the flashers are on. Turn the key off, then start it again, and they turn back on in about 15 seconds. Flasher switch is off..tried rocking it a bunch off times. At least tell me which fuse to pull so I dont look like an idiot while mowing...lol. Thanks.

/ TC33DA caution lights #2  
Did you move your seat back or forward any?

Reason I ask is I moved mine back once, and it did what you are talking about... come to find out that the wires that go to the lights are to close to the seat and they got pinched. I would check it out even if you didnt move the seat. :thumbsup:

/ TC33DA caution lights
Just finished mowing (3 hours) looking like an idiot with the flashers going the whole time...lol. I tried blowing compressed air into the switch on the dash as best I could. I left it in the "on" position for awhile while mowing..then flipped it off. The lights stayed off for about 1 minute..then right back on again !!! I think the inside of the swich got wet (obviously). I thought all that stuff was supposed to be water-proof ? Well, I gotta figure out how to get that switch out of the dash. (But I'll look at the seat idea too sir..thanks.)

/ TC33DA caution lights
Duh...all I had to do was do a search !!!! lol

05-10-2010, 08:33 AM #1 (permalink)
TopGun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
Electrical questions for all of you (two different issues, I think?).
I have a TC29D.

When I turn the ignition switch over to energize the system the FLASHERS come on immediately and will not go off.
I have unplugged the FLASHER ROCKER, HEADLIGHT ROCKER, TURN SIGNAL SWITCH, ALL THE RELAY MODULES, AND CRUISE CONTROL ROCKER --- All the same time and the Flashers REMAIN ON????

Now this is crazy. After mowing for about three hours with it, the flashers went off and worked normally when I hit the rocker switch. Cool..NOPE, I shut the tractor off and when I turned the ignition switch over the FLASHERS came back on. If you let it run awhile, the flashers might go off again and act normal. Shut it off and turn it back on and they are back on again!!!!

Cany anybody help, please.

Thanks
Brian

TopGun
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TopGun
Find More Posts by TopGun
Add TopGun to Your Contacts
View TopGun's Videos

05-10-2010, 06:20 PM #2 (permalink)
FULLPULL
Gold Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this happen on my old tc40 i had left it out in a big rain storm .The lights ran the battery down with no key in the switch. After it dried out it was fine . I never found out what shorted out but it was the water in the switch was my guess.

FULLPULL
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by FULLPULL
Add FULLPULL to Your Contacts
View FULLPULL's Videos

05-11-2010, 03:53 PM #3 (permalink)
BBJ

My problem is the opposite of yours! Can't get the flashers or directionals to work, then magicly they will work for a few minutes, and stop again! Must be a gremlin in there somewhere!
'98 Harley FLHTCUI

BBJ
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BBJ
Find More Posts by BBJ
Add BBJ to Your Contacts
View BBJ's Videos

05-17-2010, 08:00 AM #4 (permalink)
TopGun

GOT IT! Finally found it. Hope this helps anybody else that has this problem.
As you set in the seat, the right side panel under the steering wheel is the one where the relays are hidden. You have to take the panel off (which I did before, but did not see the second line of relays). There are two lines (blocks) of relays on the right side. One is easy to see up high. The other block is much lower near the foot plate level (hard to see when you have the loader frame on). Anyway, the lower relay block is where the flasher relay module is. It is the second (smaller block) relay. There are two smaller ones and about three bigger ones. The second smaller one is the Flasher. When I pulled this one the flashers went off. Thus I took the block to the local NAPA parts store and they had one on the shelf for around $9.00. Long story short. Plugged it in and now the flashers only come on when you engage the flasher switch. YES! Hope this helps everyone.

TopGun
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TopGun
Find More Posts by TopGun
Add TopGun to Your Contacts
View TopGun's Videos

05-17-2010, 10:56 AM #5 (permalink)

/ TC33DA caution lights #5  
might want to grease up the electrical connections and shoot some wd40 in the area to displace any water too.. same for the switches.

soundguy

/ TC33DA caution lights
Ok...so I finally get around to pulling that side cover off. Look for the relay, and find that I have one large black box with like 12 wires going into it. It says something about flashers on it...and I can feel it "ticking" when they are on. So what Im saying is...I dont have the smaller relays that Topgun was refering to. Anybody know if this black box is a dealer only item ? Possible cost of it ? Thanks. :thumbsup:

In case anybody is wondering...I have a 2005 TC33DA (200 hrs)

/ TC33DA caution lights #7  
Tinman, TopGun's posting above was about a TC40D and TC29D older tractors. Your tractor is different. Some of the older tractors used standard flasher relays. Now, New Holland has decided to make a proprietary box that is unique to their tractors and sells for a bargain price of over $155.:eek: I've attached an illustration of your tractor. Item #4 is your flasher box and the description for it from Messicks.com is:

FLASHER UNIT
Module
1 Needed for Job
$156.54 Ships in :3-5 business days

I think you should make sure that water didn't get into your switch and is causing it to short out. I would absolutely hate for you to spend $156.54 and find out that the problem was still there. The switch is expensive, but a whole lot cheaper than the flasher module.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• TC33DAElecRHside.jpg
    TC33DAElecRHside.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 1,341
   / TC33DA caution lights
Thank you sir. I think I'll just live w/o the flasher option for now...lol. I pulled the bulbs outta the amber lights so I dont look like an idiot mowing my 5 acres with the lights blinking. I'll try the switch sooner or later. I have a zillion other things going on that have more priority than the flashers on my tractor...lol. Again, thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

/ TC33DA caution lights #9  
I know this is an old thread, but in case someone searches for this in the future, Messicks site must be wrong. I looked up the flasher unit on Partspring for my TC25D (same tractor family) and it's $9.55; Part Number E9NN13350AA.

Their shipping is outrageous - It seems to be $17 per part.