Tractor
    Case 1194, Ford 641, NH TT75A

Default TT75A PTO clutch adjustment

Was baling some hay with the TT75A and I noticed that when the bale started to get towards full, the PTO started to slip a little. I took a look at the mechanism, which is nothing but a cable from the PTO level to the lever on the tranny, and the stop nut had backed off allowing the cable to loosen up. I was glad to see that I didn't need to replace the clutch, but I'm not sure what is correct adjustment, i.e. where in the throw of the lever should it start to engage?

BTW, I've been looking for a service manual for this tractor, but haven't come up with anything less then $300 yet. I've been told this tractor is basically a Fiat design wrapped in NH sheet metal - if so, any idea what model Fiat that would be? I might be able to find a service manual for that which would cover some of the mechanicals...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case 1194, NH TT75A, Ford 600, Bobcat A300, balers, rakes, mowers, tedders, spreaders and lots of other toys as well...

- Jim

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford F6640SL Ford F5000 NH 3050 CVT Ford 2110 JD555B

Default Re: TT75A PTO clutch adjustment

Jim

I would recommend spending the money for all the correct manuals for your tractor, write it off as part of the purchase price. Over time they will be more than worth it. I would include owners, service and parts manuals for it and the same for a loader or any attachments.

Jack

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

The operator's manual will detail the PTO clutch adjustment. No $300 outlay for that.

Choose Items
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor

Thanks for the feedback guys...

#1. I have lots of manuals - trust me, I have no aversion to buying manuals - just ask my wife. I'd rather not spend list price on a manual unless I have to, when I find one for a reasonable price I'll buy it. Until then, I was hoping that someone who had a manual could supply some info. There was a service manual set for the TT75 (no A) on eBay for $130 - I'd spend that...

#2. I have an operators manual, and it does describe one method of adjustment by measuring the force needed to engage the clutch - I was hoping the service manual had a little more detail though, I found the method described to not be very precise.
    Case 1194, NH TT75A, Ford 600, Bobcat A300, balers, rakes, mowers, tedders, spreaders and lots of other toys as well...

- Jim

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by BeeferMan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys...

#1. I have lots of manuals - trust me, I have no aversion to buying manuals - just ask my wife. I'd rather not spend list price on a manual unless I have to, when I find one for a reasonable price I'll buy it. Until then, I was hoping that someone who had a manual could supply some info. There was a service manual set for the TT75 (no A) on eBay for $130 - I'd spend that...

#2. I have an operators manual, and it does describe one method of adjustment by measuring the force needed to engage the clutch - I was hoping the service manual had a little more detail though, I found the method described to not be very precise.
    'X' amount of force at the lever will apply sufficient pressure at the engagement bearing. Not sure how much more precision you need than that. A $300 service manual will tell you the same thing if that's the specified procedure. If you want to be precise, set it with a spring scale.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    'X' amount of force at the lever will apply sufficient pressure at the engagement bearing. Not sure how much more precision you need than that. A $300 service manual will tell you the same thing if that's the specified procedure. If you want to be precise, set it with a spring scale.
    Spring scale - as I said, been there, done that. You can get a lot of differences in the point of engagement for the same spring scale setting - that makes me a little nervous. I'd rather also have the info from the service manual, they often have more detailed information. If they both have only the same info, then so be it, but the only way to know is to read the manual, not speculate.

I might feel a little more comfortable if I knew a better how the internals worked - the parts manual isn't a lot of help there. But what I don't want to to do is learn more as a result of having to split the tractor to replace the clutch. I'll suffer the consequences of asking the question first...

- Jim