Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp

/ Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp #1  

mrw

I have a TN75SA with a 16 sp power shuttle tranhsmission. One of the indicator lamps was on at low idle speed is now on all oof the time. The indicator is not the same as the one shown in the owners manual. This indiocator looks like a gear with an arrow on each side pointing to the gear and what looks like a drip in the middle of the gear. Next to the gear is what looks like a steering wheel. I drove the tractor about 4 miles down the road to help a friend (top gear about 20 mph) and when I stopped the light came on. The tractor is running fine and the shuttle shifter and power steering all work fine. I brought the tractor back on a flatbed and let it cool down and the light still comes on. I have had a few flashing codes in the past but none that did not go away when the tractor was restarted. I do not remember what the codes were but I think it was either 37 or 47. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for? I have checked around for loose connections and I have not found any. Prior to this my 4 wheel drive indicator light came on and will not go off. The 4 wd works fine and I feel it disengage but the light stays on. From my searches is looks like the sensor is bad but I have not had the time to replace it yet. I do not know that it is at alll related to the other indicator light issue. The tractor has about 350 hours on it.

/ Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp #2  
Most likely both the 4WD pressure switch (it only closes the circuit for the 4WD indicator icon) and the low pressure hydraulic circuit pressure switch have failed. Both switches are the same part number and have been updated to a different style. The switches have two individual spade connectors, not a single weatherproof connector. THe 4WD switch is located in the services control valve, the low pressure circuit switch is in the transmission control valve. Both valves are bolted to the LH side of the rear differential housing in front of the LH rear axle housing and inboard of the fuel tank.

/ Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp
Rick,

Rick. Thanks for the quick response. I went online and I cannot find a part number for the pressure switches. Do you know what the part number is? I will just buy the two and see if that does the trick before I pay to haul it to the dealer. If there were actually low pressure what would the symptoms be and what damage would be caused by running it? I drove it to the street and on to the lowboy and then into my barn. I will have to drive it a little to get it in my shop to work on it and I do not want to risk causing any damage. Thanks again for your help.

/ Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp #5  
The transmission's clutchpacks could be damaged if the actual pressure were low. The switch part number is 87395493. Should run under $60 each.

Called dealer today. He gave me part number 87384756 for the 4wd pressure switch ($73.29) and 87939593 for the low pressure hydraulic pressure switch ($54.33). I had to give my serial number because he said ther were several different versions. I am ordering them now and I willl post my results after they are installed. Thanks again for all of your help.

I am trying to install the two switches but I am not sure which one is which(on the tractor) since they both appear the same. I was sent two different switches and I want to put the correct one in its proper location. It appears that the switches are normallu closed so I cannot jump the wires and see which light goes out. One switch screws into the side while the other appears to screw in from the rear. I do not have a manual and I cannot locate the parts on the parts diagram. Any suggestions?

/ Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp #8  
I am trying to install the two switches but I am not sure which one is which(on the tractor) since they both appear the same. I was sent two different switches and I want to put the correct one in its proper location. It appears that the switches are normallu closed so I cannot jump the wires and see which light goes out. One switch screws into the side while the other appears to screw in from the rear. I do not have a manual and I cannot locate the parts on the parts diagram. Any suggestions?

If they are normally closed, simply unplug one and see which light goes out.

I thought of that as soon as I posted my question. The trans/steering pressure switch was a piece of cake. The 4wd pressure switch was a tough to reach. The toughest part of the job was putting the tire back on (they are filled). My tractor is back up and running. Thank you for all of your help.

/ Transmission/ steering Pump low pressure warning lamp #10  
FYI..........I have a 06 tl100a and I just replaced the exact same switches. Good news is the new switches look to be a bit beefier so maybe they'll last a bit longer.