NH 634 Round Baler

/ NH 634 Round Baler #1  

sevenbees

Tractor
ford 4600
My first post. I have a NH 634 round baler that has a very difficult time picking up a windrow without clogging on the first 1/4 of the bale. I have tried about everything I can think of from going very slow to start, to baling when the humidty is high. I was told by the dealer that this is a common problem with round balers but I find that hard to believe. I would think that if all farmers had the problems t I'm having there wouldn't be anybody using them. I will try something different and it will work for a couple of bales then it will start clogging again. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

/ NH 634 Round Baler #2  
I've baled with a 634 and a BR740, never had a problem with them plugging. That 's what was great about the new belt balers of New Hollands compared to the old Deere and Vermeer balers.

/ NH 634 Round Baler #3  
I have had problems when hay is TOO dry. I keep my foot on the clutch until the bale starts to form, therefore, if I have a potential clogging issue, I can quickly slow down or stop until it clears itself. Make sure your pickup teeth still have the correct configuration toward the end of the tine. Ken Sweet

/ NH 634 Round Baler
thanks for the respond. Do you have to start slow or are you able to continue right into the window row? Any ideas what might be causing it? Even though the baler is pushing 13 years, it's had less than 1500 bales through it.

/ NH 634 Round Baler #5  
My first post. I have a NH 634 round baler that has a very difficult time picking up a windrow without clogging on the first 1/4 of the bale. I have tried about everything I can think of from going very slow to start, to baling when the humidty is high. I was told by the dealer that this is a common problem with round balers but I find that hard to believe. I would think that if all farmers had the problems t I'm having there wouldn't be anybody using them. I will try something different and it will work for a couple of bales then it will start clogging again. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

I have a NH 634. I had problems with it clogging. I had it serviced. They replaced several tines, straightened the bars, etc. on the take-up reel. No more problems with the jamming except when the hay is too damp or much too dry. If it keeps jamming, look for damage to the reel first!