Ford 1300

/ Ford 1300 #1  

Delrie

I have a question regarding a resently purchaced ford 1300 tractor. When I pick up on the bush hog the tractor and the hog is shaking, and if I kill the tractor while the hog is up then it slowly goes down. Is this a problem or does it have anything to do with oil valve located under the seat? :confused:

/ Ford 1300 #2  
I have a question regarding a resently purchaced ford 1300 tractor. When I pick up on the bush hog the tractor and the hog is shaking, and if I kill the tractor while the hog is up then it slowly goes down. Is this a problem or does it have anything to do with oil valve located under the seat? :confused:

Delrie,

I responded to you PM but that is not what you described in your email. Without more information, I think 9 out of 10 the nylon lift pistol seal on your lift piston is leaking. it'll get to the point that you might not be able to lift anything. The fix is less than $10 and 45 minutes max. There is an outside chance that you might be leaking back in to your spool valve, doubt it though. it might be leaking also on shock relief mechanism at the lift system cover although I doubt it as well. I have complete tear down and reinstall on one of my thread. Let me know if you can not find it. It may not be exactly identical but it had more than enough to see the methodology. this problem can not hurt anything else on your tractor it will only be a bummer when you get stuck out in the field. You'll need to abandon your implement in field and take the tractor to the barn or what have you to fix.

JC,

ps. what you have under the seat is rate of drop knob. it does nothing on how you lift anything only how fast or slowly you can lower the implement. That is not the cause of the problem you have.

/ Ford 1300
I am a new owner of a tractor and have never owned a tractor before. You seem to know all about this tractor, so i was wondering if there was any other way that I may be able to contact you if i needed specific info on the step to take in fixing this problem?

/ Ford 1300 #4  
You seem to know all about this tractor, /QUOTE]

Wow, I don't know if I go that far:eek: You can send me pm like you did and I try to help. New guys are sometimes a bit bashful to ask but here at the forum you get many good responses. a little bit her or there and you'll find your answer. At under $10 you really got nothing to lose even if you tried to do it yourself. Can you turn a wrench ? Get the seal , take a few pics of the lift system head and we can help you out. were you able to find the thread I started with my seal replacement?

JC,

/ Ford 1300
ok, i understand, yes i found it, i will then start here and take some pics and see what happens. thanks a lot

/ Ford 1300
wheres the hyd srceen fliter at

/ Ford 1300 #8  
If you intend on keeping thisd tractor I would suggest a service manual. Eliminates alot of questions and has step by step repair procedures. They can be purchased for less than two hours of labor rates at your local dealer.

/ Ford 1300 #9  
wheres the hyd srceen fliter at

Attach you'll find two documents. one on your hyd pump and the other one is your lift. Unlike mine, your's per NH has a filter in lieu of screen. it is more convenient than my screen any way. #19 is what you need to replace on hyd lift piston.

JC,

IT FO-44 does have the skinny on this work for about $26 as well. Attachments should give you all you need.

Attachments

• 1300 hyd pump.pdf
    417.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 1300 lift piston.pdf
    493.1 KB · Views: 597
   / Ford 1300
Thank You this helps 100%.