FORD 1520

/ FORD 1520 #1  

emorris

Tractor
newholland tc30
I AM LOOKING FOR A HOOD FOR A FORD 1520. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A USED 1520 2WD FROM THE CITY FOR $700. IT HAD WELL OVER 2000 HRS AND RAN OK. I KNEW WHEN I BOUGHT IT I WOULD HAVE TO PUT A CLUTCH IN IT AND THAT THE FRONT AXLE PVIOT PIN AND BUSHING WERE WORN OUT AS WELL AS THE FRONT AXLE NEEDED SOME WELDING, BUT FOR 700 I COULDNT PASS IT UP. I HAVE ALREADY PUT THE CLUTCH IT IT AND LUCKLY IT WAS JUST THE SINGLE CLUTCH DISC AND NOT THE COSTLY DOUBLE CLUTCH. I HAVE CHECKED WITH SEVERAL SALVAGE YARDS BUT COULD NOT FIND ONE. THE HOOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN PERFECT CONDITION SINCE ALOT OF THE SHEET METAL LOOKS ROUGH. I AM UNWILLING TO PAY FOR A NEW ON FROM NEWHOLLAND/FORD. I HAVENT DECIDED IF I AM GOING TO KEEP IT YET, BUT IT HAS A WIDER STANCE THAN MY TC30 AND WOULD BE MORE STABLE WHEN BUSHHOGGING ON HILLS.

Last edited:
   / FORD 1520 #2  
I will assume this is an older 1520 from 1990's. you may want to remove it and see what a body shop wants to repair it and paint it. At a $700.00 buy; if all items are in good/average condition , you got a good deal. I bet quite a few other model hoods will fit also!

/ FORD 1520 #3  
Google "compact tractor salvage yards" you should get quite a few hits.
Bill

/ FORD 1520
I will assume this is an older 1520 from 1990's. you may want to remove it and see what a body shop wants to repair it and paint it. At a $700.00 buy; if all items are in good/average condition , you got a good deal. I bet quite a few other model hoods will fit also!

Yes it is the older one not the newer 1520

/ FORD 1520 #5  
Have you checked Long Lane Tractor in Pennsylvania? Ken has an early 90s 1620 HST that he's parting out. I bought some parts for it for my early 90s 1520. I think most parts are interchangeable between these two models. Ken can verify that for each part.

If I remember correctly, the 1620 had a good hood on it when I was there about a month ago.