Mowing New Holland CM222 Has No Power

/ New Holland CM222 Has No Power #1  

mose0128

Tractor
New Holland CM222
I have a CM222 New Holland front deck rotary mower, with the S753 Shibaura diesel engine in it. I bought it used. Power was down, so I replaced injector pump, rebuilt injectors, and still no power, but lots of very black smoke. I ran a compression check, and determined the engine had been dusted, and so I overhauled it. Compression is now what it should be. Power is still not what it should be, and when you put it under any load, it billows black smoke. Valve timing, valve lash, and injector pump timing has been checked numerous times.
My local New Holland dealer worked on it, and gave up. They did every thing they could. I am an engineer, and I have checked everything I can think of. Exhaust manifold, muffler, intake manifold, parasite load, everything. It starts well, and easily. It idles fine, but smokes a little at idle. I've had a Shibaura Engine distributor spill-time it and replace the pre-cups on each injector. The Shibaura distributor did not do it a bit of good, and blew me off. The engine is slow to reach full RPM when you rapidly advance the throttle, and smokes like a pig when you do so. I estimate power is about 2/3 what it should be, and it billows black smoke when you put it under any load. Cylinder head has been checked, and does not appear to have any cracks, plus no evidence of head cracks (white smoke, or antifreeze in oil, etc. Does anyone have any ideas?