Using a PTO pump as an auxiliary on a Ford 5610?

/ Using a PTO pump as an auxiliary on a Ford 5610? #1  

James5610

Tractor
1982 Ford 5610
Hi everyone. This is my first post, so go easy on me please! :)

I have a 1982 Ford 5610 with the single rear hydraulic pump. It has the dual rear remotes but I would like to get more flow to them. I pulled the cover plate off the engine where the front auxiliary hydraulic pump is supposed to mount and there is not a gear on the camshaft to drive a front pump. That's probably a Bad Deal because it looks like the only way to add the gear is to split the tractor...

Anyway, I am thinking about adding a factory combining valve to the priority valve pack (I'm pretty sure it doesn't have one now, although the parts manual isn't clear on that for the older tractors that have the remotes installed). My plan is to feed the combining valve with a ~11 gpm PTO driven pump. I will use QD fittings to connect the PTO pump in.

Does anyone know if the rear remotes would still be fed like they are now by the main pump if I have the PTO pump disconnected? I'm not sure if the combining valve will operate like that (sealed off on the aux side).

Is this is an okay idea in general? It seems to be the cheapest & most efficient way to get more hydraulic flow to the remotes. With this setup I wouldn't need a separate reservoir at all. Would I need to find a way to plumb a filter into the suction line to the PTO pump?

Thanks for reading - your comments are greatly appreciated!