Ratchet Rake on 340B?

/ Ratchet Rake on 340B? #1  

wjb-49

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT573-CPS, Ford 4610
The Ratchet Rake was a hot topic on TBN for quite a while and I became interested in this device. However, I have not seen much discussion in several weeks. Is everyone who bought one still happy with their purchase? I am very close to buying one (72" model) for my Ford 340B with a 67" bucket. Any opinions on the effectiveness of the Ratchet Rake and using a 72" model on my tractor?

Thanks in advance for any opinions!:)

/ Ratchet Rake on 340B? #2  
I tired to purchase one, but they are only available thru select TSC stores now. By the time I paid shipping and tax, it was pretty cost prohibitive. I ended up making one for less than 1/2 the price. Its posted on a different forum Bucket Rake - Everlast Power Equipment Forum

/ Ratchet Rake on 340B?
Tony . . . Wow, what you built looks great. Problem is I do not have a plasma cutter or the skill level to use one. I understand that all TSC stores will sell the Ratchet Rake beginning next year. I am going to ask my local TSC if they can do a store to store transfer on their truck. That may not be so bad on the freight. How wide is the one you built? I'm trying to determine if the 72" RR model is too wide for my Ford 340B.

Thanks for your reply!

/ Ratchet Rake on 340B? #4  
Tony . . . Wow, what you built looks great. .... That may not be so bad on the freight. How wide is the one you built? ...

Its ~ 56 " wide to match the bucket on my B21.

I called the ratchet rake folks, and the lady there, (I forget her name) was quite helpful in locating a store that had a rake in stock and was willing to ship it.

On a different note, I used the rake pretty hard today and was moving along in reverse when the rake snagged on a big root that did not give and it bent in the middle like ) . I believe it was because of the pointed teeth, they have not rounded over yet from use, the teeth on the ratchet rake are rounded, probably for that very reason. I straightened the rake with a press and added the 3rd middle strap, but not have not tried it yet. I may also take the grinder to it tomorrow and round the points a bit.

/ Ratchet Rake on 340B?
Sounds like you have gotten some good use out of your self-fabricated ratchet rake. Hope rounding the teeth helps with the snagging.