3-Point Hitch Quick attach 3 point system

/ Quick attach 3 point system #1  

LowerSlower

Tractor
TC35DA
I have a TC35DA and need to change attachments often. Like most I am sure, I don't like it much, and usually dread it. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is using a quick attachment system and how they like it? Any help would be appreciated. I have to state that I haven't been to a dealer or even looked at them, so I am completely clueless for the most part. I saw a friends set up on his Massey but didn't see how it actually worked. Looked like a pyramid type thing that somehow lifts and locks on. I also have seen at the dealer the John Deere set up, but again not sure how easily they all work. I know still have to deal with the PTO shaft, but that's not too big a deal anyway. Also, the quick attach would have to come off pretty easily for when I need to get my backhoe set up.

/ Quick attach 3 point system #2  
When I bought my TC35 new from the dealer a few years ago,I asked him about the merits of quick attach set up for the rear 3pt lift. My New Holland dealer has a lifetime history operating tractors and he did not think it was worth the money or extra weight. So,I opted not to buy. Hopefully, someone on the forum with operational experience with an easy attach system will chime in with some wisdom.

/ Quick attach 3 point system #3  
I have John Deere's version, named the iMatch. A search of that term will turn up hours of reading about a lot of systems...Another search would be PEC, which stands for Pat's Easy Change.

/ Quick attach 3 point system #4  
I have a TC29d with the "deluxe lift arm" assembly, and don't think it is particularly difficult to change implements. I have a separate top link for each one, set to the right length. With the "deluxe lifts" you can move the end of the arm with the ball mount in and out about 3 inches, so it makes it a lot easier to match. Also, as you push it in over the pin, since the length is not fixed, you don't have to move the tractor or implement. The only thing that is a pain is putting away the post hole auger, and that is because of the way I store it.

/ Quick attach 3 point system
Thanks guys so far. This may sound crazy, but before I asked this I was going to search for it, but couldn't find a place to search? I must be missing the search box somewhere? Interesting that a dealer said it is a waste of time. I'll have to look up Pat's easy change and see what that is about.

/ Quick attach 3 point system #6  
Thanks guys so far. This may sound crazy, but before I asked this I was going to search for it, but couldn't find a place to search? I must be missing the search box somewhere? Interesting that a dealer said it is a waste of time. I'll have to look up Pat's easy change and see what that is about.

Goofy dealer I guess:laughing:

At the very top of the screen, second row is the word "search"

/ Quick attach 3 point system #7  
The QA is the best addition to my tractoring experience. Along with the hyd. top arm, it is so quick and easy to drop off attachments and pick up another one.

A dealer who would tell anyone they were not worth it, is sorely misinformed or just doesn't hook up to different 3 ph attachments (maybe a dealer just sells and never gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor).

Such a joy now to not get off the tractor to drop the ballast box off, buzz over to a 3 ph attachment and hook onto it without getting off the tractor. Even the rotary cutter is only a quick step off the tractor to slide the PTO on, then go. Moving firewood on pallets into the garage is so quick. About 5 minutes to drop the ballast, attach the forks, pick up the empty pallet and set it off, then pick up a pallet of firewood and set it in the garage. Then back to drop off the forks, and pick up the ballast box. All without getting off the tractor. At -20 and the wind blowing, doing that in under 5 minutes is a treat compared to what it could be if time was needed to align the three 3 ph points. :)

If you try it, you will like it.

/ Quick attach 3 point system
Thanks again. I found the search on Pat's system and for the price am going to order it today with the stabilizer bar. Unless someone thinks there is a better set up?

/ Quick attach 3 point system #9  
Thanks again. I found the search on Pat's system and for the price am going to order it today with the stabilizer bar. Unless someone thinks there is a better set up?

I do have Harbour Freight, cat 1 quick attach. I think it is a good too but it is anything but quick. The reason for it is not design or manufacture brand as they are pretty close in size and design. The major issue is the geometry of you implement as far as spacing of the lower pin and the top link attachment. I ended up replacing lower link on my carry all and use two bushings to hook it up fast but had to adjust the top link to fit and that configuration does not work with my other implement. There is no down force on the 3 point lift system and sometime lowering the implement does not disengage because of side to side binding due to not level ground and host of different issues. On my woods brush hog due to vicinity of a bracket to the pin I can't even get the lower hook under the pin. On some you need to install special cat-1 pin to either side in lieu of bushing and a longer pin and they are pretty pricey and at about $60 to every implement you have.

A matched system like John Deere I match and all JD implement solves the problem but that is not real solution if you already have implemnt.

I could not go wrong for buying Hf as I got it to work for my mostly used implement, The top hook is great to back up to a post and pull it out and the base has a lot of design opportunity like adding a home made hiller to it.

All and all I think you'll most happy with Pat's system as it offers much better flexibly but still you need to get off the tractor to do the top link. Pat's is very good.

JC,

/ Quick attach 3 point system #10  
QA systems are ok, if you have all the same brand equipment. If, like most of us, you have different brands, it will not help you much. The lift pins are different widths so you would have to make all the same for it to work