T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%!

/ T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%! #1  

yooper1

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland T1510
Who in the heck was the engineer that made the parking brake lever on the T1510's so short?

A well fed yooper type person has troubles sitting in the seat with his right foot on the brake pedal and trying to reach that 4 inch lever on the floor just forward of the right side of the seat.

darn!

Hardly enough room between me and the steering wheel in the first place, much less me trying to bend down (while seated) for that sucker.

Gotta find a 12 inch piece of pipe of some sort to slip over the top of the lever before I strain something. :)

/ T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%! #2  
Ah. . . the trials and tribulations of being well-fed. I know those all to well.:eek:;)

/ T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%! #3  
Also a member of the well fed club.With my TC35A, right foot on the brake, I slide my left foot under my right leg and apply the parking brake.

/ T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%!
Wow!

That would mean I need coordination! ;)

Might have to work on that one.

Thanks

/ T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%! #5  
Sounds like the same problem I had with my TC48. I now have a hand lever on the right side of the seat that pulls a cable connected to the Parking brake lever when pulled up about 90 degrees. It is hard to explain how I put this thogether but I can get some pics if you like and then you can make one for your tractor. This one works like a champ and is much better than trying to set the thing with the left foot. What dummy came up with that design.

/ T1510 Parking Brake lever @#*&%!
As of now, I have a piece of conduit on it that is about 13 or 14 inches long and I can reach it by hand.

I may need to extend that by 3 or 4 inches

I am worried if it is too long it will be in the way of my feet for the other controls and I may impale my shin or calf with the pipe

I tried the "slide your left foot over" thing, but I cannot seem to slide my foot over the 2 or 3 inch hump between the 2 foot areas on the floor boards. My foot area is not smooth (or one level) from side to side.