TC24d, broke bell housing

/ TC24d, broke bell housing #11  
I bet if its cast iron,not cast steel,it came from china,,[but I wouldn't bet much:D]

Even if it was cast steel where you could weld it normally,bet you'd have a very hard time getting it back into one piece and having all the bolt holes line up again.

/ TC24d, broke bell housing #12  
the only way I'd trust something load bearing like that that broke and was welded was if it was plain steel.. and then.. if it ripped.. I wouldn't trust it due to stresses alredy placed onit.

this is a sure case of 'replace'.

soundguy

/ TC24d, broke bell housing
I've called the dealership, but they wanted the serial number to make sure they quoted me correctly. It looks the piece is about $1400 for just the case. To be honest I would prefer to replace it versus welding, especially for such a load bearing part. Have to admit I'm pretty disappointed. I haven't had a chance to look for rust yet.

Anyone have any experience with doing this job? I know one other owner on this board replace some seals behind the clutch. If I remember correctly he broke the tractor in half, but didn't have to remove the case. $75 an hour adds up pretty quickly. Winter is coming, and it would be nice to have it working for snow removal.

/ TC24d, broke bell housing #14  
just for kicks, call wengers of PA and see if they have the case or trans..

soundguy

/ TC24d, broke bell housing #15  
I know one other owner on this board replace some seals behind the clutch. If I remember correctly he broke the tractor in half, but didn't have to remove the case..

I think you may be referring to me (formally known as "Mega_Me"). I wish you were closer to me as I would be really thrilled to help you. I was thinking that I could help you via TBN if you so choose to tackle it yourself.

It sucks to hear about you situation as these really are great little tractors.

Oh, here the the links to my post on splitting mine:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/137078-surgery-begins-splitting-tc24da.html

Attachments

• 100_1480.jpg
    100_1480.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 219