Fluid capacities???

/ Fluid capacities??? #1  

Porkie

Bronze Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC40D-HST
I can't for the life of me find my owners manual that came with my new, at the time NH TC40D (year 2000) and I need to know a couple of things:

Mine has the HST and the 16LA loader and I need to know total capacities in gallons and quarts, ounces etc, for the complete maintenance that I am now doing, so I can buy and adequate amount before hand.

Does the front end of the 4WD run HYD fluid also or is it hypoid gear oil?

I am putting a new fuel filter and oil filter on immediately because I have some on the shelf but I will have to buy the HUGE filter on the right, underneath the riders platform and the smaller one on the left front of the engine.

How many filters are there?

I tried to research this and wasn't successful at all and would appreciate help!!!

Thanks, Sam

Last edited:
   / Fluid capacities??? #3  
The front axle and drop boxes all use hydraulic fluid (Multi-G 134). I suggest you buy 10 gallons of fluid total. You'll use about 8 gallons when you drain the transmission/hyd reservoir and another gallon or so in the front axle. That will leave you with an extra gallon for topping off your system before the next change/fill. I think because of quantity purchasing, you can buy 10 gallons (in 2-1/2 g jugs or 5 gallon pails) as cheaply as buying 7.5 gallons and then 4-6 quarts for the rest.

Here is a link to the page containing all the filters for your tractor at Messicks.

/ Fluid capacities???
Thanks Jim--I really appreciate it. You always seem to be there for "us!"

Hopefully soon I will be able to see If my Hyd pump overhaul was successful!

Take care all!

Sam