RickB et al New Holland TD95D tractor

/ RickB et al New Holland TD95D tractor #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I made an offer, subject to inspection, on a 2007 TD95D tractor and cab with an NH820TL loader. It has the 12x12 syncro tranny with shuttle, joystick and valve for the loader and two spare remotes, air seat, etc with 91 hrs total time. The owner says he is selling it because he changed his mind about farming the ground he was going to use it on.

It's located in New Mexico and I'm going to fly down and look at it as I won't spend that kind of money based on some pictures on the internet and my cost of doing that is a small percentage(~1%) of the price I have offered for this machine.

Besides the normal things one looks at when buying a used tractor, is there anything that RickB and the rest of the New Holland community knows about this year and model of tractor that I should really look for? I've done a search on this site and I have found what appear to me to be a few "one off's" of problems but not anything thing that looks systemic in that model of NH tractor. Since that's the only data I can find, I thought I'd appeal to the TBN community to see if there was some other info out there, good or bad about the 2007 TD95D's. Since RickB works for a NH dealership and I really trust his judgement and objectivity I wanted to be sure he is specifically invited to weigh in on this question.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide .

Jerry
St.Ignatius, MT

/ RickB et al New Holland TD95D tractor #2  
We have sold only a few TD's so I haven't got a wide body of experience. But the engines and powertrains of TD's are used in other machines, and especially the transmissions and final drives have been around the Fiat system since dirt was new. At 91 hours, it should be in showroom condition, or nearly so. There are no endemic problems with these machines that I am aware of. I agree that problems reported here seem to be one-off instances.

Verify the retail sale date so you can determine if any NH waranty is remaining on the tractor. The fuel system should be covered by a 5 year federal emissions warranty.