Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #1  

MBDiagMan

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045D, Grasshopper 61" with PowerVac,Gator 825i, Cub Cadet 2145
I have an early 3000 that came from the factory with power steering. The system is shot and the last time I checked would cost a fortune to buy new cylinders and pump.

The Power Steering Conversion Kits are reasonably priced, but they are billed as conversion for MANUAL steering tractors.

Does anyone know if these kits will easily fit a tractor originally equipped with Power Steering?

Thanks for your help.

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #2  
your machine still is manual steering even if the power assist cyls don't work, that is unless you have an orbital valve and steering motor from somewhere else..

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #3  
yes it will fit and work because the only difference in a power steering sector and a manual is that the power steering has a valve built in to it and everything else is the same i have done this swop before just plug off the holes in the sector where the old lines where pluged into

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit
Thanks very much for the replies.

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #5  
There are aftermarket steering cylinders & repair kits for the OEM power steering. I don't know how they compare in cost to the complete conversion kit I have available both conversion & repair kits.

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #6  
I have a Ford 3000 with power steering the gear box broke !!! will a manual gear box steering assembly fit this tractor as a new 1 cost so much ? thanks

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #7  
i'd think you can get parts for your steering column much cheaper than buying a manual steering gear and putting it on ( and stripping the rest of the ps stuff that is uneeded off )

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #8  
What part of it is broken?
You would do well to fix what you have.
If you do make the change I would be interested in buying your old box - broken or not.

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #9  
some thing broke inside I guess ! the housing that bolts to tractor is broke where the fuel tank bolts on and the top plate is broke where the shaft goes up to the steering wheel !

/ Ford 3000 Power Steering "Conversion" Kit #10  
post pics.

UD is very good witht he ps setups on them machines. I don't mess with PS much. I only got 3 with PS and much prefer working on the manual boxes. :)