TC33DA problem...

/ TC33DA problem... #1  

warf

Tractor
new holland TC33DA
New guy here, I have a 2000 TC33DA that I picked up last year with less than 300 hrs on it and looks like new. It has developed a little problem that leaves me scratching my head as to the cause. It will start fine with the parking brake on and the brake light lit, when the brake is let off by pressing the brake pedals the light goes out and the motor dies every time. There is a switch on the linkage under the floor that I adjusted to show the light on all the time and the tractor starts fine and runs fine IF the light is on with the brake off. The switch has two white wires, one black, one blue, all I have done is readjust the switch to show the light on. Whatcha think the problem is? Maybe a bad switch?

/ TC33DA problem... #2  
I think you have a bad seat switch. As long as the parking brake switch shows it set, you can start the tractor without being in the seat. As soon as you remove the parking brake signal, the tractor thinks you are not present in the seat and shuts the engine off. Fix or bypass the seat switch and this problem will go away.

/ TC33DA problem...
Don't think it could be the seat safety switch as it has been bypassed and everything has worked fine. I just replaced the seat switch to see if it really had to be there and the parking brake still has the same problem. Any other idea's??

/ TC33DA problem... #4  
If it is not the switch, then it is a wire broken or loose. I assure you that your problem is the operator safety system. The parking brake bypasses that system. If it is not the seat switch, then it IS something else in the system. Time to get your meter and start looking for 12 vdc and tracing wires.

/ TC33DA problem...
Yea, that's my thoughts too now. At least it has a heck of a lot less wires to test than my truck..lol..Sure makes the wireing on my old Ford 8N look simple...

/ TC33DA problem... #6  
Here is the good news. Because your parking brake makes the system work properly, that tells you that the operator safety module is working properly. It also tells you that the neutral and PTO sensors are okay because those will inhibit the starter from working. If you have a mid-PTO, that also is working correctly. I would bet that if you check, you will find a break or disconnected wire that supplies power to the seat switch. If you have an Owner's Manual, it has an electric schematic for your tractor. It will show connectors, pin numbers, and wire colors. Use that to trace 12vdc from your fuse to the seat switch and beyond if required and I'll bet you will find your problem.