Loose throttle on TC33D

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #1  

jpaeye

Tractor
Kubota L5740 and New Holland TC33D
I have a 2002 TC33D which will not hold RPMs. It seems the throttle needs to be tightened. Checking to see if anyone has gone here before me.

It seems I need to remove two bolts on either side of the cowl itself, and two on top to get it loose and perhaps to get at the throttle itself.

Anyone out there had this problem and tackled this repair? Hoping for affirmation before I start taking things apart.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any and all replies/suggestions.

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #2  
Yep, happens all of the time, you have the right idea.

Brian

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #3  
I have a similar problem, I think, although the throttle does not feel lose. I cannot throttle back, it is stuck on about 2200 rpm. Pulling back on the throttle does nothing. Moving it forward will increase engine speed. I found the throttle assembly diagram, but no diagram for linkages to the fuel pump. Is the solution to my problem the same as jpaeye's, or should I be looking elsewhere?

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #4  
I have a similar problem, I think, although the throttle does not feel lose. I cannot throttle back, it is stuck on about 2200 rpm. Pulling back on the throttle does nothing. Moving it forward will increase engine speed. I found the throttle assembly diagram, but no diagram for linkages to the fuel pump. Is the solution to my problem the same as jpaeye's, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Charles, your problem is certainly related. You'll have to pull off your right side cowling and get to the throttle assy. I think you will find that your problem is the cable going from the lever to the injection pump is binding. You may be able to get it loose by spraying some PB Blaster into the end of the cable and let it soak/run down around the center of the cable. Otherwise, your throttle cable may be so gummed up that it has to be replaced. You'll know once you see what it is like with the cowling removed.

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #5  
Thanks again Jinman.
I am waiting for something better than the snow and rain we had today to pull off the right side cowling and see if I can free things up with some penetrating oil. How much trouble is it if I need to replace the cable?
Charles

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #6  
Once you remove cowl; 5 minutes to change cable. If throttle control is loose, use locktite and snug it till you are satisfied with operation.

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #7  
Charles, you should also check the end of the cable down below the injector pump. This diagram shows the hand throttle and also the bracket on the engine. If you cable is stiff, it might be easier to loosen up if you remove it completely and work on it on the bench. I've included a good picture of the cable as it should be down below the injector pump.

Attachments

• TC45throttle.jpg
    TC45throttle.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 828
  • RBlockDrain.JPG
    RBlockDrain.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,528
   / Loose throttle on TC33D #8  
Thanks Jinman & dqdave1. It really helps to have the picture and to know that it is a relatively easy change out, if needed. From the drawing I believe the part is number SBA312070220, about $24. So, if it is rusty, it might just be better to replace it. But, I will first check to see that there isn't something else buggering it up.

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #9  
Jinman, you were right on to look at the other end of the throttle cable where it attaches to the idle adjustment pivot. It was there that the system was "gummed" up. The pivot spring was not strong enought to overcome the friction and return the throttle advance when the throttle was pulled back. Three to four squirts of penetrating oil followed with some machine oil, and things are functioning like new. Many thanks for this. Charles

/ Loose throttle on TC33D #10  
Charles, you should also check the end of the cable down below the injector pump. This diagram shows the hand throttle and also the bracket on the engine. If you cable is stiff, it might be easier to loosen up if you remove it completely and work on it on the bench. I've included a good picture of the cable as it should be down below the injector pump.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know the part number of the small black clips which retain the throttle cables to the throttle arm on the injection pump?