TC33D Power Steering Filter

/ TC33D Power Steering Filter #1  

SteveInMD

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC33D
The 600 hour service calls for replacing the power steering filter (part# SBA360101470) which is by far the most expensive filter on the tractor. Messick's wants $76.89. I'm having a hard time spending this much for a filter. How important is this filter change? Are there other brands I should look at? Does Fleet Guard make a filter for the application?

/ TC33D Power Steering Filter #2  
Nobody else makes that filter. That filter is also the p/s reservior. That filter might need to be replaced every 5 years if you are a heavy user, every 10 if you are casual user. So if you average that over the use of the tractor, that's $8-15 a year or 13 cents per hour of operation. I don't see the problem. Tractors require maintenance. If it is that big of a deal, I'd run it until the p/s steering quits working and and replace it then, and hope I hadn't damaged the p/s pump. If you choose to not repalce the filter, at least change the oil and pull the filter off and drain it. You can probably get 1200 hours or more out of the filter if you're lucky.

Brian

/ TC33D Power Steering Filter #3  
Check with Filter 1. They are on the net. They have most filters for tractors and one of the best prices around. I use them for my tractors filter needs. Save big $$$ over the dealer price. They sale the Wix filters. But you need to change the filter, no matter where you get it. The filter is the life of the tractor.