Ford 3000 Clutch Release Finger Setting

/ Ford 3000 Clutch Release Finger Setting #1  

John Ford3600

Tractor
Ford 3600
Hi Folks

Have a problem and hoping maybe some one here knows. I'm helping my son rebuild his 67 Ford 3000 gas tractor. I have the IT shop manual and I am rebuilding the clutch. The problem we have is the good book states the release finger setting is suppose to be 2.110 from the top of the release finger to top of PTO clutch disc hub. I have all new friction disks in, new release fingers and I have set the lever links per the 0.050/0.055" setting the book calls for.

The issue is this 2.110" setting that needs to be within 0.010" on all 3 fingers is no where coming out right. That dimension is like it is almost ~ 3/8 to 1/2" too long and I have the release fingers almost unscrewed to where the bottom jam nuts are just on the fingers. This is no way the same setup as the original.

Trying to confirm if anyone here can confirm the 2.110" target as that is where I believe it to be wrong.

Here is a pic of the setup before it was taken apart so you can see the dimension I am looking for. And yes I do have the PTO disk installed just like the before picture and the book shows with the splined hub extended up towards the release fingers. In order for this 2.110 to work it appears the friction disk needs to be flipped around as the hub does not protrude on that side near as much. But then that does not add up as this thing was working with the hub towards the release fingers.

Any help greatly appreciated.

John

Clutchfinger.jpg