FEL lever won't stay in float position

/ FEL lever won't stay in float position #1  

Fanlo2300

Tractor
Case IH DX33
I own a 2003 Case IH DX33. I post here because this forum is more active than the CaseIH forum.

My FEL control lever will not stay in the float position... I removed the rubber booth to check if there were a possible ajustement, and I found no adjustement screw. But when the rubber booth is removed, the lever stay in the float position.

It seems that the booth put a backward pressure on the control lever and makes it come out of the float position.

Anyone has a solution for this problem ?

Snow blowing season i coming fast, and I need to keep the FEL lever in the float position for my front mounted blower.

/ FEL lever won't stay in float position #2  
Okay, the obvious wisecrack remark is to leave the boot off.;) But if there is not enough tension to overcome the springiness in the boot, you might use a bungee around the lever and attach it somewhere to hold the lever in float when you are plowing snow. With use, your boot may become less springy. Otherwise, changing the boot might be a solution. The joystick valve is supposed to have a firm detent, but I don't think it is adjustable.

/ FEL lever won't stay in float position #3  
My 2007 DX55 has a LX360 loader, and it does the same thing. It has done this since it was new, and it hasn't changed with use. It does stay in float sometimes a little longer than others, but usually pops back out within a few seconds if it's not held in place by hand. I rarely use float so it hasn't bothered me much.