Broken Hydraulic filter housing

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #1  

mac141

Tractor
Satoh Buck, TC30 Hydro
Broke the hydraulic filter housing on my TC30 on Saturday, I was pushing some logs and branches with the bucket and one of the logs about 4" in diameter slipped under the bucket and was spit up by the tire smashing the hydraulic filter and breaking the housing. This is definitely not covered by warranty, Called my dealer on Monday and he got me the parts next day and said he would send me a bill at the end of the month, Looks like it will cost me about $90 for the housing and another $27 for the filter plus any fluid that leaked out. I learned that my tractor is not invincible. Looks like a place where Hew Holland could add a little shield to protect the filter/housing which I suggested to my dealer.

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #2  
Bummer /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Which hydraulic filter did you smash?
The remote one in the middle of the tractor or the big one on the trans-axle?

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #3  
I did the same thing on my TC33D about a week after I got it. Was putting in a drainage swale and backed up over an odd shaped rock. It somehow flipped up inside my right rear tire and snapped off the hydraulic filter and bracket. A real bummer. Never had a problem since, though.

John Mc

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing
As you are sitting on the tractor it would be just inside the right rear tire.

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #5  
Mac ,
I did the same thing with my TC 30 the day they dropped it
off. If you plan to fix it yourself ... pull the seat and the panel
it mounts to off to get easy access from the top. It can all probalby be done from the ground but not much fun.
Prices for parts are on par with what I paid. I ordered the armrest for the seat while i was there. Hold on to your hat,
105.00 ! But I like having them

I did it all from under the tractor, and you are right it was not much fun, It took about 2 hours, and 6 gallons of Hydraulic fluid. But I did it myself and it works and with no extra parts.
The tractor has done everything I ask of it, I am notorius for being very hard on things. For the price I can't complain.

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #7  
I took a look at my TC30 and can see how this filter and housing would be very vulnerable. I'm going to add a skid-plate to my list of things to do.

I suggested that idea to my dealer as well. Will see if anything becomes of it. I think after all was said and done I spent about $ 150 for that repair. It took about 7 gallons of Hydraulic fluid.

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #9  
Jerry,
Take plenty of pics if you get that skid plate project underway.

/ Broken Hydraulic filter housing #10  
OK, maybe over the xmas break.