FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE #1  

CHEEKS

Tractor
FORD
JUST BOUGHT A 68 TO 75 FORD 3CYL GAS ,,WAS SITTIN FOR 8 MONTHS,REPLACED ALL IGNITION STUFF AND FINALLY HAVE GOOD SPARK BUT SHE WONT FIRE EVEN WITH STARTING FLUID,PLUGS LOOK WET WHEN I CHECK EM,I MIXED SOME NEW GAS IN WITH OLD THAT I THOUGHT WASNT BAD??,MAYBE IT IS?BUT SHOULD FIRE ON ETHER?.IM CRANKIN IT WITH AN AUTO BATTERY..ANY HELP ON THIS TRACTOR?.THROTTLE AND CHOKE TOUCHY? HOLLEY CARB LEAKED FUEL WHEN I INITIALLY STARTED TURNIN OVER BUT NOW APPEARS OK..THANKYOU

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE #2  
the holey carbs can be finicky..

IF you do have good spark.. it should fire on ether.

pull the plugs.. spray clean them with carb cleaner and allow to air dry.. reinsert..

that machine was meant for a large 4dlt battery.. not a small car battery... I'd hook a couple bats in parallel to help it.

spray start fluid right into carb intake as you turn her over. stay off the choke.

post back. ps.. what tranny you got?

soundguy

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE #3  
Run a compression check on the cylinders. I restored a Farmall 706, and during the process of trying to get it started, I washed the cylinders (the gas removed the oil from the rings and left me with no compression). I took and squirted a bit of oil in the cylinders and was the able to restore compression and get it started. She belched some smoke for a bit but smoothed out within a minute.

Hope this helps

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE
THANKS SO MUCH,IM NOT SURE WHAT MODEL I HAVE,JUST BOUGHT IT AND WANT IT RUNNING,I CAN DRIVE IT HOME ITS SO CLOSE,THE BATTERY WAS HUGE AND I WILL TRY MY FRESH CAR BATTERY AND JUMP IT AS WELL.I THOUGHT IT COULD TURN FASTER,ALSO THE THROTTLE IS AT SLOW WHEN PULLED BACK TOWARDS SEAT CORRECT?..IM NEW TO THIS TRACTORMAYBE IM FLOODIN IT,,BUT IT SHOULD POP ON ETHER..TRY TO ATTACH PIC 2000 OR 3000 68 TO 74 I THINK,,THANKS SO MUCH..JIM
the holey carbs can be finicky..

IF you do have good spark.. it should fire on ether.

pull the plugs.. spray clean them with carb cleaner and allow to air dry.. reinsert..

that machine was meant for a large 4dlt battery.. not a small car battery... I'd hook a couple bats in parallel to help it.

spray start fluid right into carb intake as you turn her over. stay off the choke.

post back. ps.. what tranny you got?

soundguy

Attachments

• FORD TRACTOR.jpg
    FORD TRACTOR.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 6,965
THANKYOU SO MUCH,WILL TRY IF I CANT GET HER TOMM,,JIM
Run a compression check on the cylinders. I restored a Farmall 706, and during the process of trying to get it started, I washed the cylinders (the gas removed the oil from the rings and left me with no compression). I took and squirted a bit of oil in the cylinders and was the able to restore compression and get it started. She belched some smoke for a bit but smoothed out within a minute.

Hope this helps

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE #6  
model really don't matter.. not much differences.. 2000 was the economy unit.

yes.. if it has spark and compression and good timing.. it should pop on clean plugs and start fluid.

soundguy

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE #7  
Timing is what I thought also, are the cap wires in the right place?

I HAVE MADE SURE WIRES AND CONNECTIONS ARE GOOD,,I THINK I FLOOD IT AND WONDER IF OIL ON TOP OF PISTONS MIGHT HELP..I THINK I NEED STRONGER CRANKING BATTERY ETC,,AND THROTTLE IS SLOW PULLED TOWARDS SEAT CORRECT?..THANKYOU

LOOKING AT MOTOR FROM CARB SIDE,CYLs ARE 123 LEFT TO RIGHT?.DIST 1 IS MARKED,THEN 2 AND 3 COUNTER CLOCKWISE?

/ FORD 2000 3CYL GAS WONT FIRE #10  
i dont own a gasser.. but on my 3000 diesel.. down is more throttle..

low comp can be helped on a 1-time basis by a teaspoon of oil to seal the rings. however if it has 0 comp.. it's not just a rings issue. even worn rings will make enough compression to make pops thru the manifold.. ( stuck valves can cause problems! )

soundguy