Ford 1700 4x4 front differential lubrication

/ Ford 1700 4x4 front differential lubrication #1  

Piper Pacer

Tractor
Ford 1700
Can anyone tell me what oil they use in the front differential of thier Ford 4x4 1700? I'm assuming that you use the same as the rear transmission, hydraulic oil?

Thanks

/ Ford 1700 4x4 front differential lubrication #2  
Yes the 134 oil

/ Ford 1700 4x4 front differential lubrication #3  
Can anyone tell me what oil they use in the front differential of thier Ford 4x4 1700? I'm assuming that you use the same as the rear transmission, hydraulic oil?

Thanks

Yes it is. Ford M2C-134-A is used. I have used both NH brand and TSC brand. Had no issue with slightly cheaper TSC (Mystick) brand that met 134-A.

JC,

/ Ford 1700 4x4 front differential lubrication #4  
You can also use gear oil in the 75w90 range if you get the spec that is safe for your bushing type (yellow metal safe).

That's what I am using now and it has the added benefit of stopping very small leaks. The only time I wouldn't recommend it is if you are in a very cold climate. But then again, these are very slow speed gears and at the worst you might have a little more parasitic loss until the fluid warmed.

My local dealer told me it's common to use gear oil on the older front ends that seep a little. The 134 is about the same viscosity as 30 weight oil.

/ Ford 1700 4x4 front differential lubrication #5  
i think I'd stick tot he new spec m2c134d.. available as ambraG from a nh dealer.. or generically available just about anywhere.. napa has utf oil.. so does walmart and tsc... considering the age of that machine.. even an older oil spec would be fine.. it.. the a.. etc..

soundguy