TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill?

/ TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill? #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I have a TD95D with 100 hrs on it that a purchased used with 93 hrs on it. I've been going over it because the PO did not do the 50 hrs maintenance on it. I checked the fluid levels in transhydraulic compartment the final drives over the past few days and found that they were never opened(painted bolts all brand new looking and on really tight). I added 2 gallons to the transhydraulic compartment and a quart to each final drive section. I checked the FWD and the plug had obviously been removed at least once before brecause the paint was chipped on the plg head. I added maybe a half pint. There is no sign of leakage anywhere.

Is it common for these reserviors to come from the factory with less then the specified oil quantity in them?

/ TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill? #2  
I have heard this happens a lot and not just just NH tractors. fill it up and keep an eye on it for a while. A lot of times when you service the tractor you will fill it up where it says its full and run it a bit and the oil flows to all the passages and you may have to *** a bit more.

/ TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill? #3  

Is it common for these reserviors to come from the factory with less then the specified oil quantity in them?

It happens. But the selling dealer is supposed to check all fluids levels as part of the predelivery procedure. Most do, obviously, some don't.

/ TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill? #4  
Jerry, if you have remotes, there's a chance that the fluid was depleted by an attachment. Just a thought. . .

/ TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill?
Jerry, if you have remotes, there's a chance that the fluid was depleted by an attachment. Just a thought. . .

My gut feel is that in the case of the hydraulics, the dealer installed the loader and didn't top it off. PO just used the loader and a mower so I don't think attachments were the cause.
I think RickB has it. I have the predelivery check list and it's not even filled out! The paint on the FWD bolt was chipped so I know that was checked by someone before me. Can't understand why the final drives weren't checked. Just one of life's mysteries!

/ TD95D Low fluid levels-low factory fill?
I have heard this happens a lot and not just just NH tractors. fill it up and keep an eye on it for a while. A lot of times when you service the tractor you will fill it up where it says its full and run it a bit and the oil flows to all the passages and you may have to *** a bit more.

I'll run it for a few hours and recheck, thanks. When it gets heated up it will expand some, also. It's been in the 20 and 30's here.