Trailering a TN75S

/ Trailering a TN75S #1  

GilSilvers

Tractor
2008 John Deere 5403
Looking to buy a traded-in TN75S from a dealer 3 hours away. Haven't seen the unit yet, but I wanted to take a trailer in case I decide it's a good deal and take it home.

Anybody have the dimensions/weight of this tractor?

It has a Quicke 720 front loader.

Here's a link with picture.

/ Trailering a TN75S #3  
You will need at least a 14K trailer for the load.

/ Trailering a TN75S #4  
Wow it's really not my business you're not paying that much? I've been shopping for a third tractor blue, red, green, orange 90 hp with loader open platform around those prices new with loader I would do a little more shopping remember it's bad out there at least up here in New York State I have a MF just around $30,000 for a cab model 2680 HD dealer keeps calling me seeing if I bought yet he'll do anything to make the sale, I feel bad for them and I don't want to sound heartless but it's all about money if you're willing to buy they should be willing to deal take care

/ Trailering a TN75S #5  
Wow it's really not my business you're not paying that much? I've been shopping for a third tractor blue, red, green, orange 90 hp with loader open platform around those prices new with loader I would do a little more shopping remember it's bad out there at least up here in New York State I have a MF just around $30,000 for a cab model 2680 HD dealer keeps calling me seeing if I bought yet he'll do anything to make the sale, I feel bad for them and I don't want to sound heartless but it's all about money if you're willing to buy they should be willing to deal take care

I'd like to know who is selling new 90 hp 4WD tractors with FEL for $23K in the Northeast.

/ Trailering a TN75S
Radium: A newbie like me learns from the discussion/debate on a public forum. Chime in anytime.

TractorHouse has 7 or 8 used TN75Sx tractors a few years either side of 2003, ranging in price from $24k to $35k (throwing out the low $15k and high $41k).

The one I'm going to look at is a 2003 with 815 hours, Quicke FEL, and bad paint for $23.8k. It's at the low end of the market. You think $24k is over market?

I wonder if the link failed and took you to a higher priced machine.

TractorHouse has MFs in the 90hp range, years 2000-2007 for $27k $31k $33k and $53k.

/ Trailering a TN75S #8  
LOL I didn't say exactly $23,000 Rick and I know how you're a stickler for exact figures ;-), I was merely suggesting that I would never offer that for that tractor 18,000 tops I bet you'd be surprised how they would take it in these trying times. Now to your other question about tractor prices in the Northeast I know of three dealerships on the verge of closing in my area alone MF will not only give me a deal they'll throw the loader in for free. I'm talking cash deals no financing although John Deere is doing 0% I'm leaning toward the 5095 M. with self-leveling loader cab $9500 under his asking price total $48,000 out the door I told him take it or leave it ,he's been called me every day this week :) bet you I'll get it.

/ Trailering a TN75S #9  
Looking to buy a traded-in TN75S from a dealer 3 hours away. Haven't seen the unit yet, but I wanted to take a trailer in case I decide it's a good deal and take it home.

Anybody have the dimensions/weight of this tractor?

It has a Quicke 720 front loader.

Here's a link with picture.

Having had both a TN75S and a TN75D with a Woods 1050 backhoe, I can tell you it is a handful to trailer with the backhoe on. A 12,000 # properly setup trailer is barely adequate to move it around slowly. As stated by others, a 14,000# 20' trailer with the proper tow vehicle is what it takes. LarryRB moved my TN a couple of times with a setup like this. He did not particularly like doing it and Larry has many years as a professional truck driver and heavy equipment operator.

I've towed my Ford 2120 which is larger than most compacts around for 20 plus years with a Ford long wheel base F350 dual rear wheel dump and 10,000 lb trailer with no issues. I would never even load the TN on it.

You would be able to move a TN on a 12,000 lb trailer, particularly if it is a "light" TN ie, does not have large (16.9 x 30) tires loaded tires and only light implements. Other wise at least a 14,000 lb trailer.

Andy

/ Trailering a TN75S #10  
The longer previous post was about TN's in general. Had not looked at picture. You can move that TN on a 12,000 lb trailer.

Andy