/ Having fun till this happended #1  

DoubleL

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4044R Cab
Having fun till this happended. :(

1175533904_TnhZ2-X3.jpg

1175531959_4ybKy-X3.jpg

Only 8 hours on the tractor, what do you suppose caused it ?

Took the wheel off and had the local garage fix it. No leaks apparently just mounted the tire back on the wheel and I'm back in business. Once I get chains on the rear it'll be pretty much unstoppable. :thumbsup:

/ Having fun till this happended #2  
It's obvious by looking at the photos. Your tractor suffers from a condition caused by a lack of filth. You're lucky something worse didn't happen!

/ Having fun till this happended #3  
That sucks... maybe it was just mounted wrong or over inflated from the get go.. Hope you have better luck- Very nice ride...

AndyG

/ Having fun till this happended #4  
my first guess would be low pressure, or possibly the chain which I'm not a fan of putting chains on the front of tractors especially bevel gear drive you're putting a lot of torque through that front assembly especially when the loader is loaded and it appears that you are on paved surfaces, the chains literally pulled the tire off the rim once when plowing the field I had a back tire pull off the rim on my Massey Ferguson didn't check the pressure it was low. one quick question your dealer knows you have chains on the front of the tractor?? I remember a while back a lot of people with TC 40 and 45's the same as your tractor were snapping front gears when doing heavy loader work on paved surfaces I can only imagine the chains compounding this problem I'd rather have chains on the back just my opinion take care

/ Having fun till this happended #5  
Wouldn't that more likely be caused by UNDER inflation ?probably turned to sharp and just rolled the need off

/ Having fun till this happended #6  
Stiff new tires could have just broke the bead causing quick air release. Make sure they are are not over or under inflated. Good thing it was the front tire and not the rear tire. I would hate to change one of those on the ice.

/ Having fun till this happended #7  
my first guess would be low pressure, or possibly the chain which I'm not a fan of putting chains on the front of tractors especially bevel gear drive you're putting a lot of torque through that front assembly especially when the loader is loaded and it appears that you are on paved surfaces, the chains literally pulled the tire off the rim once when plowing the field I had a back tire pull off the rim on my Massey Ferguson didn't check the pressure it was low. one quick question your dealer knows you have chains on the front of the tractor?? I remember a while back a lot of people with TC 40 and 45's the same as your tractor were snapping front gears when doing heavy loader work on paved surfaces I can only imagine the chains compounding this problem I'd rather have chains on the back just my opinion take care

The only tires I have ever pulled off the rim were from underinflation or suction in deep mud. I seriously doubt chains on the front of an unballasted tractor will have any negative effect. The rears will never hook up on ice and thus no bind.

/ Having fun till this happended

The dealer recommended front chains. Said a lot of guys are doing just that with good success. I was a little surprised by that honestly. With this experience of ice on my sloped driveway and losing the tire I've called the dealer and ordered rear chains.

On another note the garage inflated my tire to the max on the sidewall which says 45psi. We agreed I would just lower it to match the other side when I got it home. It turns out the other tire was 45 PSI. Is that too high ??? :confused2:

I'm going to check the manual later and see what is recommended.

/ Having fun till this happended #9  
Garage? Get a couple of tire irons from Northern Tool or someplace. Its not that much more difficult then putting a tire on a bike. Hard part is to air up the tire if you don't have a large air compressor. I use a rachet strap around the centre of the tire to help seal the bead area until the air pressure does its thing.

So if your other tire had 45 lbs in it, then why did this tire deflate? Did the garage fix a puncture? Since I started doing my own tires, I also put some RTV silicone (black) around the bead on tubeless tires to ensure a good seal. Good luck, Nice Tractor.

/ Having fun till this happended #10  
under inflation. Put the max recomended psi that is on the tire. Front loader full of snow is a lot of weight. It may pop the bead while turning which puts pressure on the side walls.