TC33D Left Side Step

/ TC33D Left Side Step #1  

Bruces715

Tractor
New Holland TC33D, Cub Cadet GT 2550, Scotts 1642
I am just going to have my 2nd hip replacement and would like to get a left side step for my TC-33D. I called the dealer and for $206.00 I can get one. Does anyone know of another source that perhaps might not be so costly?

Thanks
Bruces715

/ TC33D Left Side Step #2  
I welded my own from some flat bar I had. If you have a friend who is an even halfway competent welder, he should have the scrap metal and ability to make a step for you. Probably cost you a couple of 6 packs.

/ TC33D Left Side Step #3  
If you are near Branson, Mo. I will help you make one, 2 inch 1/4 steel bar, for materials, you will need a drill press, and a welder, Stick would be ok, or Mig, I would drill holes in the bottom strap, for traction, and also coat it with pickup bed liner material, If your near here I will give you some. If not you can buy the spray can for $7 at Tractor supply. so you dont have to buy the whole gallon or even the quart size. Another idea for treads is to run weld beads instead of the holes. But the bed liner material is great for traction. I have it on my kubota step and the floorboards too. good luck.. PM me if you are nearby.

James K0UA

/ TC33D Left Side Step #4  
I am just going to have my 2nd hip replacement and would like to get a left side step for my TC-33D. I called the dealer and for $206.00 I can get one. Does anyone know of another source that perhaps might not be so costly?

Thanks
Bruces715

I had a Local welder my make mine out of 1" wide by 1/4 Thick flat bar. I bolted these to my platform using existing bolt holes. I painted them NH blue and they look factory installed. He charged me less than $20.00 Per step.

Yoder
TC 30

/ TC33D Left Side Step #5  
Welcome to NH parts. Yen/dollar ratio plus shipping from Japan.
I'd just fabricate one.
Just out of curiosity what does a hip cost. I know a pacemaker is 150k.

/ TC33D Left Side Step
My 1st hip was a little over 40k, that was 1 1/2 years ago, so I am sure this one is more. It does work good.

Thanks

/ TC33D Left Side Step
Thanks for the info/help, I was thinking that making one was probably the way to go. I live in Wisconsin so can not take up the offer of help, but thank you anyway.

Bruces715

/ TC33D Left Side Step #8  
Does that include installation? I paid less then $50 for the right side step for my TC35A. Maybe $35 two years ago. I bought it at the dealer. 200 plus dollars seems a bit high! Try ordering one online.

It is a big step up without the bolt on step. Good luck

/ TC33D Left Side Step
No, that was just the step, no installation. I found one on line from a company Partspring for $290. Guess I will keep looking or try to make one.

Thanks

/ TC33D Left Side Step #10  
I'm not sure how to go about getting them but steps are std. equipment on the units shipped to Europe. Not sure if this is what the US dealers are offering. If you have to order from an overseas dealer the cost,including shipping and any import taxes,may make it more attractive to buy in the States.