new holland 3930 headlights not working

/ new holland 3930 headlights not working #1  

pttrsn

Tractor
new holland 3930
i have a 1997 3930-headlights quit-have power at fuse and switch seems to be working-have power on side where power comes out for rear lights-dash lights are working-wiring is in loom so cannot see it but no lights on front=what do i need to look for

/ new holland 3930 headlights not working #2  
check for power at headlight connection.

/ new holland 3930 headlights not working #3  
Check your operator's manual. My 2005 TC40DA headlights get power straight from the switch for high and low beams, no relays. My 2010 Boomer 8N has relays for high and low beams. Could be either way.

/ new holland 3930 headlights not working #4  
I know this sounds silly, but make sure both headlights are good by doing a continuity check of the filaments. A power surge or over-zealous alternator could have burned them out. Of course, if you can get to the bulbs, you can also check the connector it see if it is getting power and has the proper ground. Remember, ground is half of every circuit.

/ new holland 3930 headlights not working
I don't have a book on wiring-there is a relay of some sort on front of fuel tank next to fuse block-would this be a relay for headlights? Have checked plug on back of headlights with test light and have nothing