Most economical rpm

/ Most economical rpm #1  

dmiletich

Tractor
New Holland TK100M
I have a 2009 TK100, which is the NH crawler. I use it primarily for disking, some on hillsides and some on flat ground. Since I am new to this tractor I am trying to figure out at what rpm do I get the best fuel economy. Has anyone with a similar horsepower(100)tractor got it figured out?

/ Most economical rpm #2  
I have a 2009 TK100, which is the NH crawler. I use it primarily for disking, some on hillsides and some on flat ground. Since I am new to this tractor I am trying to figure out at what rpm do I get the best fuel economy. Has anyone with a similar horsepower(100)tractor got it figured out?

Go look at the tractor test data. If it was tested at the Nebraska Lab or at the European Lab, or if the engine that your machine has was tested on a tractor there, it'll give you a place to start. As a rule of thumb~ 75% of rated speed is in the ball park.

/ Most economical rpm #3  
Where the PTO hits its standard RPM is a rule of thumb that has worked for us. For many tractors that is around 1800 RPM +/-.:thumbsup:

When working hard the engine does not need to lug and nothing is harder on an engine than a load on its PTO so most are designed to perform their best around that range when working hard.

While our 60 HP JD backhoe does not have a PTO and will turn 2500 RPM is sounds more happy around 2000 RPM's.

/ Most economical rpm #4  

This is a hard question to get answered. Alot depends on what size disk your pulling, is it a 3pt lift or a pull type. What kind of ground are you disking, sandy, clay or good top soil. And how deep are you disking it. Like the OP said you can get a starting place at one of the centers he mentioned.
Jeremy

/ Most economical rpm
It is an 8'3" pulltype offset. The soil is generally good topsoil and the depth varies. I am doing in for primarily weed control. The parcels are from 1/4 to 5 acre properties. I am always moving from lot to lot so an 8'3" disk is really about the biggest I can use, and especially some of the places are real tight. The tractor pulls the disk like it's not even there so that is not a problem.