Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35A

Default Who removes their FEL?

The weather in NC was terrific this weekend in the high 60s. I got almost 4 hours of tractor time working on our gravel driveway and moving dirt around our construction site (new house). I spent a lot of time hooking up different implements and switching between bucket and forks.

It hit me that I have not removed the FEL in the 4 years that I have owned my TC35A. I just drop the bucket and park the tractor with the FEL attached. When I am doing jobs that requires just a 3PH implement and not the FEL bucket, I just leave the bucket off and drive it around with the FEL attached.

I know that it is extra weight on the front axles and probably isn't good for the long term life of my tractor, but it is much easier just to drop the bucket and leave the FEL attached.

Does anyone remove their FEL and install when needed or does everyone just drop the bucket like I have been doing?

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Who removes their FEL?

It depends on the circumstances. on my last tractor I owned for 8 years, I never removed it. on the tractor before that, since I mowed about 6 acres or so, I removed it all the time. Where I live now, it is mostly woods, and rough terrain, so what little mowing there is to do is just a very slow crawl around the hills and trees. the last place was open fields, so it was worth while to remove the loader for the manuverability . Here I am always pushing over brush to chew up with the rotary cutter anyway, and the loader comes in handy for that while "mowing"

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    NH TC40DA

I think I've removed the loader just once in the 5 years I've had my tractor. That was to do a lot of mowing. Since then, I've just dropped the bucket if need the extra turning room. If I'm not using the bucket to move stuff, I use it to hold tools.

Someone posted a great set of instructions for easy removal/install of the my loader. It isn't hard to do and only takes a few minutes. But I guess I've been lazy or just never saw the need.
    Barry
    Lawson Hill Farm
    NH TC40DA
    '64 IH Cub Lo-Boy
    '47 Willys Jeep CJ2a w/ PTO
    '49 Willys Jeep CJ3a w/ PTO & 3pt lift
    http://www.farmjeep.com/

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

The FEL is off much of the summer, because the tractor has to work the gardens and mow grass and the FEL is just a pita when doing those chores.

It is on all winter, because there is snow work to do.

Frankly, easier to R&R than a rear PTO implement.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

i have 2 loader tractors,1 is 33yrs old an the loader hasnt been off it but maybe 5 times.the other tractor is new an the loader hasnt been off an prolly never will be off.loader on the tractors doesnt get in your way doing other things when your used to it.the bucket has yet tobe put on the tractor an used.the hay forks stay on year round.

Tractor
    1996 John Deere 955

I always remove mine when I mow by the pasture, at least every other week. It only takes me a couple minutes and it is good to know how to do. Just make sure you are on a flat surface.
    JD 955, 70A FEL, 72" MMM, 12" PHD, 16 Ton Ramsplitter Logsplitter, JD GT275

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC18

Off most of the summer for mowing and on all winter for snow removal. Only takes about 5 minutes to remove or mount.

Guy.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

I use my loader like any other attachment. If I want/need to use it I put it on, If I'm not going to be using it I take it off.
    When mowing the tractor rides smoother and maneuvers better in tight areas with the loader off.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

I leave mine on most of the time, and drop it when I have longer projects to do where it will be in the way. I will say, when I drop it, I feel naked the first few minutes driving without it. The tractor is much easier to drive, steer, and manuever without it too.

Tractor
    2010 Massey GC2400

Drop mine off when I mow in summer, only takes about 5 minutes to do so I do it so its easier to move around.
    Kind Regards, Gary

GC2400,FEL,MMM, BOX BLADE,& SCRAPER BLADE

Nothing runs like a Deere, but I love my Massey Ferguson

http://www.canadianantiquetractor.com/

My Updated Antique Tractor Pictures Link
    http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/ba...74891758003196

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast