Loader Who removes their FEL?

/ Who removes their FEL? #1  

CentralNC

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35A
The weather in NC was terrific this weekend in the high 60s. I got almost 4 hours of tractor time working on our gravel driveway and moving dirt around our construction site (new house). I spent a lot of time hooking up different implements and switching between bucket and forks.

It hit me that I have not removed the FEL in the 4 years that I have owned my TC35A. I just drop the bucket and park the tractor with the FEL attached. When I am doing jobs that requires just a 3PH implement and not the FEL bucket, I just leave the bucket off and drive it around with the FEL attached.

I know that it is extra weight on the front axles and probably isn't good for the long term life of my tractor, but it is much easier just to drop the bucket and leave the FEL attached.

Does anyone remove their FEL and install when needed or does everyone just drop the bucket like I have been doing?

/ Who removes their FEL? #2  
It depends on the circumstances. on my last tractor I owned for 8 years, I never removed it. on the tractor before that, since I mowed about 6 acres or so, I removed it all the time. Where I live now, it is mostly woods, and rough terrain, so what little mowing there is to do is just a very slow crawl around the hills and trees. the last place was open fields, so it was worth while to remove the loader for the manuverability . Here I am always pushing over brush to chew up with the rotary cutter anyway, and the loader comes in handy for that while "mowing"

James K0UA

/ Who removes their FEL? #3  
I think I've removed the loader just once in the 5 years I've had my tractor. That was to do a lot of mowing. Since then, I've just dropped the bucket if need the extra turning room. If I'm not using the bucket to move stuff, I use it to hold tools.

Someone posted a great set of instructions for easy removal/install of the my loader. It isn't hard to do and only takes a few minutes. But I guess I've been lazy or just never saw the need.

/ Who removes their FEL? #4  
The FEL is off much of the summer, because the tractor has to work the gardens and mow grass and the FEL is just a pita when doing those chores.

It is on all winter, because there is snow work to do.

Frankly, easier to R&R than a rear PTO implement.

/ Who removes their FEL? #5  
i have 2 loader tractors,1 is 33yrs old an the loader hasnt been off it but maybe 5 times.the other tractor is new an the loader hasnt been off an prolly never will be off.loader on the tractors doesnt get in your way doing other things when your used to it.the bucket has yet tobe put on the tractor an used.the hay forks stay on year round.

/ Who removes their FEL? #6  
I always remove mine when I mow by the pasture, at least every other week. It only takes me a couple minutes and it is good to know how to do. Just make sure you are on a flat surface.

/ Who removes their FEL? #7  
Off most of the summer for mowing and on all winter for snow removal. Only takes about 5 minutes to remove or mount.

Guy.

/ Who removes their FEL? #8  
I use my loader like any other attachment. If I want/need to use it I put it on, If I'm not going to be using it I take it off.
When mowing the tractor rides smoother and maneuvers better in tight areas with the loader off.

/ Who removes their FEL? #9  
I leave mine on most of the time, and drop it when I have longer projects to do where it will be in the way. I will say, when I drop it, I feel naked the first few minutes driving without it. :) The tractor is much easier to drive, steer, and manuever without it too.

/ Who removes their FEL? #10  
Drop mine off when I mow in summer, only takes about 5 minutes to do so I do it so its easier to move around.:thumbsup: