New Holland TC33

/ New Holland TC33 #1  

gclark

Tractor
New Holland TC33, Ferris IS700Z Zero turn mower
I have a question regarding the 3 PTH operation on my TC33. I went use the tractor this morning and after starting tractor and letting it warm up for a few minutes I raised the 3 PTH then went to raise the front end loader and the front end loader came up slower than it normally does. I then stopped raising the front end loader and tried to lower it and it goes down slower that normally does. I then lowered the 3 PTH slightly and tried raising the front end loader and it raised up and lowered at its normal speed. I have not noticed this problem before. I was wondering if when the 3 PTH lever is raised to the highest position on the console does it have some effect on the front end loader. I used the tractor for a couple of hours after this and when the 3 PTH lever was in the highest position the front end loader seemed to work fine::confused: I am curious is this a problem or is this normal and I have not noticed it before? Thanks for any advice on this issue

/ New Holland TC33 #2  
I have the same machine and the position of my TPH lift arms have no effect on loader speed, but there are others that have a far better understanding of the hydraulic workings than me.
The only things I could see having an effect on the loader speed would be RPM's, hydraulic fluid temp., or filters needing replacement. Was it cold when you noticed this?
I did have to adjust my upper limit switch on the TPH once but I noticed that because of the relief valve noise, not due to loader operation.

/ New Holland TC33 #3  
I would say you need to adjust your limit switch on your 3 pt hitch. It is raising up and hitting the pressure relief valve, which causes your slow loader responses.

/ New Holland TC33
LarryD
Thanks for the reply, I have not noticed this problem until yesterday, when I had the problem I had let the tractor run for about 10-15 minutes and warm up, at the time it was about 70 degrees outside, I changed the hydraulic fluid and hydraulic filter about this time last year maybe it is due for replacement again, the odd thing or what i think is odd is the loader worked at normal speed after I dropped the 3 PH slightly.

/ New Holland TC33
dqdave1
Thanks for the reply. Where would the limit switch on the 3 PH be located at. Is this something that may need adjustment over a period of time or does it need adjustment due to wear?

/ New Holland TC33 #6  
The hydraulic fluid is only changed every 300 hrs per the manual, although mine looked pretty good for that period, I might just test a sample next time for the cost of oil.:shocked:

You should hear an unusual noise if your TPH is going into bypass but I've included a couple pics to show you the adjustment nuts. Numbers 21 are the adjustment screws. This is on the right TPH arm.

Attachments

• P2270006-1.jpg
    P2270006-1.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 602
  • TPH Adjustment Screw.jpg
    TPH Adjustment Screw.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,016
   / New Holland TC33 #7  
Anything that is adjusted with a threaded connection may need to be readjusted from time to time do to vibration, etc. Though I have never adjusted my 3 point , occasionally mine will do same thing. I just bump control down slightly.

/ New Holland TC33
Ok so I adjusted the adjustment nuts about this time last year and have not had any problems until today, when I raise the TPH up i have to bump the TPH lever about half way back down to get the front end loader to raise or lower. I do not here any loud noise from inside the tractor the only thing i can here is when the TPH comes all the way up it sounds like the motor slows down like it has taken a load with out enough throttle, when I lower the TPH about half way the motor picks up some speed again. I have looked at the adjusting nuts again and found that the arm that they are hooked to that goes into the side of the tractor is started cracking at the weld. I removed the adjusting nuts and tried to move the arm back and forth and it does not move freely it seems like some thing is froze up. After looking at the parts diagram I am wondering if some of the linkage inside the tractor is either froze up or if it could be bent, I also am wondering if some thing could be wrong with the HPL valve but I really cant see any thing in the diagram that would show me for sure if this could be the problem. I have not torn into this yet just looking for suggestions on possible causes. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

/ New Holland TC33 #9  
Before you tear anything apart, try spraying some good penetrant on the shaft in question where it enters the lift housing, and work the shaft back and forth alternating with shots of liquid. It probably has an o ring to seal oil leakage around the shaft. The o ring may be closer to the inside than the outside, leaving a fair amount of unlubricated shaft in the housing. Over time, that portion of shaft can become rusted and try to sieze in the bore. If there is no change, you may need to look inside.

/ New Holland TC33
I tried lubricating the shaft yesterday and working it back and forth and it didnt help, I sprayed it overnight with PB blaster and let it set and today still no luck. Today I pulled the side off of the lift housing and removed the control valve and the quandrant linkage, I found the shaft was siezed up, I removed the shaft and polished with 400 grit sandpaper and now it moves freely. Tommorrow I will be going to the local new holland dealer and order a new gasket and the lever that has cracked due to the shaft not moving freely.