T1520 Which snowblower (front mount)

/ T1520 Which snowblower (front mount) #1  

kbm3

Tractor
NH T1520
After this winter here in upstate NY, I have decided that before next winter, I will have a front mount blower on my tractor! I know nothing about them, and thought I'd see if any of you can enlighten me. I have seen some on the net that were the "wrong" color, but I haven't found a blue one yet. Does it matter what what brand it is, or are they all pretty much the same as far as mounting? I have a mid pto, and a quick mount type loader bucket. Will the controls for my bucket be all that I need? I will also need chains, and am concerned about the spacing between the fenders and the R4 tires that I have. Also, I have a gravel drive......any concerns about stones jamming the auger?? All new to me.....any help is appreciated! Thanks.

/ T1520 Which snowblower (front mount) #2  
Howdy upstate neighbor :) the only advice I can give you, and your on the right trail, a front mount snowblower will save your neck and back wish I still had mine. New Holland makes a very nice setup quite expensive but most front snowblowers unfortunately go that way, the other option is a rear snowblower or inverted snowblower I'm not sure if they make an inverted small enough for your tractor though? Stone driveway will not be a problem close to 47 years 1500 foot driveway gravel stone never broke a bolt yet just chipped up some paint inside the snowblower ;-). You might also consider investing in a removable tractor cab soft side not really that expensive it will keep the snow off you and make for an enjoyable experience, you won't believe how the wind throws that snow back in your face. Also remember when you make your first Pass of the season set the skids on the blower to their highest position this will give you a good base to pack down usually after five storms I lower the shoes and maintain my road for the entire season, and yes of course you will dig in once in a while but that usually is this time of the year with the warm days approaching. And yes you can use your loader controller for up-and-down and shoot rotation. There are a lot of people that feel leaving the loader on and having a rear snowblower is the ultimate set up , where there's times it does help I would still rather have a front mount and forgo the loader for a few months I posted a video of me using the snowblower this winter on this site it's in the new video section check it out it might give you some ideas take care