Oil & Fuel where is my hydrolics?

/ where is my hydrolics? #1  

thom1950

Tractor
ford 1700
Just finished putting in a new clutch in my Ford 1700 and in the process had to disconect the hydrolic lines from the pump to the sump. Filled the reservoir with new fluid and started things up and no hydrolics for the lift arms. Read through all the manuals I have and can't find anything. Do I need to prime the hydrolic pump? and if so how is it done?

/ where is my hydrolics? #2  
Just finished putting in a new clutch in my Ford 1700 and in the process had to disconect the hydrolic lines from the pump to the sump. Filled the reservoir with new fluid and started things up and no hydrolics for the lift arms. Read through all the manuals I have and can't find anything. Do I need to prime the hydrolic pump? and if so how is it done?

Tom,

Welcome to TBN Blue,:)

I have done the same thing when I replaced my hyd fluid along with pump overhaul. It took 10 seconds for the pump to prime itself with empty suction line. I did not have to pre-prime the pump. I suggest you take a funnel , attach a clear hose to the end of it, insert the hose in the suction line (bigger dia, lower pipe) and fill it all the way to the top before you mount the inlet banjo fitting to the pump inlet. It is basically priming the pump. The pump inlet elevation is lower than normal hyd fluid reservoir so you'll need to do it only once. I think you might not have a good oil film on your pump gears.

JC,