Loader Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #1  

mauser1111

Tractor
Ford 1710
Will the 770b loader only operate with the 3 point in the raised position? Is this correct? New to a tractor with a loader.

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #2  
No. The loader should operate with the 3-pt in any position. In direct contrast, my Ford 1510 has a DuAl 105 loader that operates with the 3-pt in any position except all the way up. It's not really a problem, as the rear only has to be lowered a tiny bit for it to work.

That being said, I don't know what would cause yours to work only in the raised position. Perhaps a more knowledgeable hydraulics geek will chime in.

Joe

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #3  
.... my Ford 1510 has a DuAl 105 loader that operates with the 3-pt in any position except all the way up. It's not really a problem, as the rear only has to be lowered a tiny bit for it to work.

To me that sounds like the adjustment of the lever is incorrectly set and "all the way up" is forcing the lift cylinder against it's full travel, thereby kicking in the over pressure relief valve.

As Joe pointed out, the 1710 FEL should work in all 3pt positions. It may not when lifting with the 3pt as then the 3pt is taking all the hydraulic flow.

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #4  
I am guessing here. Some one added this loader and did not plumb the hydraulics correctly. They probably used the hyd line for the TPH and when the TPH is down the is no pressure. All the fluid is returning to the tank. When you raise the TPH you now have pressure on the system. If you could post some pics I am sure someone could help.
Bill

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #5  
You bring up a good point, but I'm wondering if it might be that the manifold block is set wrong.

Attachments

• Pages from Ford 1710 Manual.pdf
    506.5 KB · Views: 374
   / Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #6  
You bring up a good point, but I'm wondering if it might be that the manifold block is set wrong.

That's a really good point. The manifold block is called a "diverter block" on some later tractors. When it is in the correct position for a FEL installed, it forces fluid to first flow to the open-center joystick dual valve and then to the 3PH and any remotes. That way the joystick/FEL has the highest priority of operation. If the manifold is set to the wrong postion, the only time the FEL would feel any pressure is when the 3PH is actually operating with a load. Essentially backpressure is felt at the joystick valve. When the 3PH reaches its set height, its HPL control valve should open and drop the pressure in the system back to almost nothing, but if the maximum lift height is set wrong, there could be pressure still in the system with the 3PH all the way up. This would cause the joystick and FEL to operate, but not very well. If I were troubleshooting this problem, the manifold as you suggest would be my first thing to check. I'd make sure it is in the right position according to the diagram you supplied.

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #7  
All valid points, good job everyone :)

I would add, possibly the loader valve is connected to the plug in the 3pt cover. It would operate the same as an open diverter valve.

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position
Yes I did find the diverter valve was turned the wrong way and the three point was also out of adjustment. I don't know if the previous switched the diverter for some reason or what. Thanks for all of the replys.

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #9  
Was it corrected and does it work as it should?

Joe

/ Ford 1710 loader only operate with 3 point in raised position #10  
Yep Joe, I'm curious too. I'm pretty sure that's what he is saying in his post though he didn't state it directly. :confused: