new holland t1510 tool box

/ new holland t1510 tool box #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello everyone new to this stuff so here it goes. I am a small acrage farmer who just traded in a tc24da for a t1510. Anyway the question is, i really liked the tool box placement on the tc and the t1510 does not have one. I questioned my dealer about this and he quoted a price of around $250.00 for the one like the tc had. Does anyone know where to get one of these boxes. I could make do with another box in different location or fab something to work in between the rops like the tc. i just want to explore my options first without exploring the bottom of my wallet??

/ new holland t1510 tool box #2  
Welcome to tractor ownership, somethings seem to be WAY overpriced.

I looked up the online costs for your tool box and that little plastic box with a lid is $65.88.:shocked: Are you kidding me. Is there a app that points a gun at you while you enter your CC account number, cause it would make me feel so much better about getting robbed.:eek:

/ new holland t1510 tool box #3  
Hello everyone new to this stuff so here it goes. I am a small acrage farmer who just traded in a tc24da for a t1510. Anyway the question is, i really liked the tool box placement on the tc and the t1510 does not have one. I questioned my dealer about this and he quoted a price of around $250.00 for the one like the tc had. Does anyone know where to get one of these boxes. I could make do with another box in different location or fab something to work in between the rops like the tc. i just want to explore my options first without exploring the bottom of my wallet??

I have a TC 30 same tractor. I found a small plastic tool box with tray and it was blue. I mounted it on the Left side fender. It works Great and was under $ 20.00 It is not water tight though. So I Drilled some holes in the bottom of just the box and the tool tray to drain. There was already a hole in the fender. I also got a cup holder from a Marine shop and put on the the right fender using an existing hole also. I got a caddy type tray at the marine shop and mounted to the back of the seat for hitch pins. Most people think it came that way.

/ new holland t1510 tool box #4  
I bought this box and the bolts for under 20 dollars. Works great. Drilled and tapped the "front support" the box sits against, and it rests on the piece you see. The loader never gets close to it, and it's a LOT cheaper than the factory box. I keep a few wrenches, a chain, and a few draw bar pins in it. Just an idea.....

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 2,054
   / new holland t1510 tool box
Thanks a bunch fellas but i guess the reason i liked the other box being located in between the rops was ease of access when hooking and unhooking implements. if i needed a pin or had an extra i could just flip the lid and drop or search....

I do like all the toolbox options for storing larger tools or just more tools (haha) never considered the front box, guess because my tc hood had to have plenty of room to swing up..I got a few extra older metal tool boxes and one of them may just find a new home up front...whats the worst it adds extra weight.

/ new holland t1510 tool box #7  
I looked at some pictures of your model tractor and if you have a FEL on it there is a tube/brace between the arms that is open on both ends. :) Make a top less box that will just fit inside that brace. more like a drawer. Weld on some swing D rings for pull handles and you have a tool box long enough for a pry bar and stuff, that's accessible from either side. You might find out there is some standard tubing all ready the right size. Just cut some access hole in the top side.

Last edited:
   / new holland t1510 tool box #8  
I welded a tube the same size as the ROPS horizontally from one side to the other just under the SMV sign. Then tapped holes and screwed the tool box I got from Rural King to it. Painted it black and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

Hey Thank's i been working on this project for a little while now and when i say working i mean planning in my head... anyway so far i have came up with about the same conclusion to just put in a flat bar or peice of square stock between the ROPS and then secure the box to that..I agree, with the right box and all painted up, im sure it will look nice.. Thanks Again.