3-Point Hitch Pulsating 3pt. Hitch

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #11  
I still have a hard time understandng what they said went wrong.

"the cylinder walls were scored caused by the piston pivoting and the front and back of the piston was hitting the sides of the cylinder. They thought maybe it was being caused by something heavy being carried and the bouncing was butting to much strain on the piston."

They think the piston was going diagonal due to excessive force and scraped the cylinder walls?

Last edited:
   / Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #12  
Does this size of NH compact tractors have the traditional dog bone connecting rod to the lift piston?

it is like pictured below. I'm thinking the ram rod does nor push the piston correctly and sideways due to misalignment or the irregular wear on the back side of the piston.

JC,

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #13  
when i overhauled my '04 TC45DA hyd lift there was no lip seal on the piston, there was just a plastic backup ring and a o-ring, seems to me that the piston was very tight in the bore so they probably figure that the piston can't rattle around in there like the piston in a two stroke engine cylinder and the oil film would be sufficient. The cylinder bore was in fantastic shape no scoring at all with 1500 hrs on it. hate to say this but the overhaul was easy and the parts were only $24.00. (o-ring, backer,flowcontrol head gasket). The service manual paid for itself on my first repair. I am also at a loss as to why the cylinder would be scored that bad. I also had the hiccups with attatchments on and the arms would drop all by themselves very quickly with no load on them.

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #14  
when i overhauled my '04 TC45DA hyd lift there was no lip seal on the piston, there was just a plastic backup ring and a o-ring, seems to me that the piston was very tight in the bore so they probably figure that the piston can't rattle around in there like the piston in a two stroke engine cylinder and the oil film would be sufficient. The cylinder bore was in fantastic shape no scoring at all with 1500 hrs on it. hate to say this but the overhaul was easy and the parts were only $24.00. (o-ring, backer,flowcontrol head gasket). The service manual paid for itself on my first repair. I am also at a loss as to why the cylinder would be scored that bad. I also had the hiccups with attatchments on and the arms would drop all by themselves very quickly with no load on them.

On the older vintage shibaura like mine the seal was single and double lipped on the new ones. They have the back up seal on newer model. Mine as well had a perfect bore after 100o hrs. No sign at all that piston and cyllinder bore ever touched.

JC,

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #15  
considering the piston is MADE to carry heavy loads and does have a safety valve.. it does make you wonder what they were describing. I'd ask for the old parts..

soundguy

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #16  
considering the piston is MADE to carry heavy loads and does have a safety valve.. it does make you wonder what they were describing. I'd ask for the old parts..

soundguy

If it is shibaura, older or newer version alike have a relief device at the lift cylinder head. This relief device is after rate of drop knob on the cylinder head. This is different than the relief device on the pump discharge and the before the lift spool valve.

JC,

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #17  
yeah, that's why I said safety valve, to differentiate from the relief valve.. etc.

not sure what cnh calls it on that model.. but that's what I usually call them anyway.. that stuff is way too new for me anyway.. :)

soundguy

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #18  
yeah, that's why I said safety valve, to differentiate from the relief valve.. etc.

not sure what cnh calls it on that model.. but that's what I usually call them anyway.. that stuff is way too new for me anyway.. :)

soundguy

I have looked at the design on NH website on pretty much all their TC line up and they all have same lift system design and cylinder head design with the integral safety relive valve. TC's lift system design is really simple, functional and easy to maintain, unless you have to take the seat off and the flat platform just to get to it. That's more labor than seal replacement.

JC,

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #19  
reminds me of the flat platform 65+ rowcrops. they turned something easy to work on into something hard to work on with that platform.. :)

soundguy

/ Pulsating 3pt. Hitch #20  
I recently posted about the same problem on a 2002 Case IH D40, which I bought used about 3 months ago. The dealership honed my cylnder out , but was unable to get all the scratches out. I changed the o-ring and the backup ring about 2wks ago, and put about 20 hrs on the tractor this last weekend and alll is well. Mine had 680 hrs on it at the time of change. I really could not tell the seals were bad by looking at them. I'm sure I will have to change the seals again, maybe sooner than later b/c I didn't change out the liner for the cylynder. I don't have the deluxe platform, so mine is a cinch to get to. Good Luck