New guy (62 Ford 2000)

/ New guy (62 Ford 2000) #1  

TR Black

Tractor
1962 Ford 2000 (641)
I'm new to the tractor scene. In Feb. I bought a 1962 Ford 2000 with all the tin for a 641. After reading all the info I could, I determined that it was built in Dec of 62. A repaint from the JD dealer (purchased from) changed the original color to Ford blue/gray instead of red/gray. It needed some TLC. I enjoy tinkering with it. Turns out that my wife learned to drive a tractor at 10 yo on a 57 601 (she's a farm girl). My main use is maintaining a 3/4 mile gravel drive in the NW NC mountains). Winters are pretty rough here. Lots of fun with several 17 % grades and very steep drop offs on a one lane. I've learned lots reading from YA'LL. I now have loaded tires, Duo chains, 6' Box blade,6' Drag blade, boom pole, block heater and a carry all.
Just a note: The ole girl darn near killed me when she came sliding down hill on several inches of ice with the blade down right off the mountain. I baled and off she went. One lone huge oak stopped her before going another 100 yards down into a house. It makes pushing snow on flat ground look like fun. No damage but a hefty tow bill. I tell you guys this because I believe if you can't laugh yourself, you can't laugh at any one else. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Stay Safe Out There

/ New guy (62 Ford 2000) #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ New guy (62 Ford 2000) #3  
Welcome. Dad bought a new 801 in 1962 which was the last year of the red/gray. The 63-64 blues were the same tractor it seems with the 1965 being the new series with three cylinder 3000 and 4000 series.

/ New guy (62 Ford 2000)
Thanks, I look forward to being here. Lots of useful information.