Tc 40da adding Rear remotes

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes #1  

ND teacher

Bronze Member
Tractor
Looking to buy one
I was looking at adding a set of rear remotes. I could not find the thread on rear remotes on this website. I thought i recalled that there is an order in which ones to purchase first. I am only buying one for the time being. I also want to use it to run a set of remotes to the front of the loader. I was online and seen some electric over hydraulic for the third hydraulic on the loader, but i dont want to get envolved with that yet. I can use the rear hydraulic for many things and can get by with a set of hoses to the front loader. ANy advise on the rear remote purchase. I find myself informing the dealership about things on my tractor that i learned from on this website. Thank you for any advise on the tractor.

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes #2  
I was looking at adding a set of rear remotes. I could not find the thread on rear remotes on this website. I thought i recalled that there is an order in which ones to purchase first. I am only buying one for the time being. I also want to use it to run a set of remotes to the front of the loader. I was online and seen some electric over hydraulic for the third hydraulic on the loader, but i dont want to get envolved with that yet. I can use the rear hydraulic for many things and can get by with a set of hoses to the front loader. ANy advise on the rear remote purchase. I find myself informing the dealership about things on my tractor that i learned from on this website. Thank you for any advise on the tractor.

To run a loader requires two sets of rear remotes;one for the lift and one for the bucket curl. The best thing to do is to get the special manifold that taps into the main pump and connects to a loader vave with two circuits. Then you can have a separate rear remote for other uses

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes
Sorry Jerry MT I left out that I have a loader with midmount hydraulics on the joystick with 2 speed. I was looking to run a grapple on a bucket, or for a front mount post digger to spin it. I would like to add a third set of remotes in the center mount but i was told you cant add a third set in the center. So as an alternative i was going to add a rear remote

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes #4  

It is fairly intuitive. If you have no rear remotes and want to add one, buy the first remote valve kit (p/n 84171956). If you have one and want to add another, buy the second remote valve kit (p/n 84171957). If you have none and want to add two, buy both.

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes #5  
Everytime you buy a remote kit: #1, #2, or #3, the kit comes with longer bolts in each kit to replace the shorter ones from the previous installation. The kits are so complete and well-thought-out that they go together very easily. The only thing they do not come with is teflon paste or teflon tape for the fittings. In order to get the fittings good and tight so you don't seep fluid, the teflon tape/paste is necessary. It works as a lube for the fitting's threads as well as a gap sealer. Remove your right rear tire to make the job a simple task.

I know I've posted this a gazillion times, but here is a photo of me when I was installing my three rear remotes.

Attachments

• RemovePlate.JPG
    RemovePlate.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 2,720
I thought i had read one time here that someone was purchasing remotes and they had purchased the wrong one or one with an open center or closed center etc. I was thinking there might have been options of different hydrualic systems or set ups. I just wanted the basic hydraulic set up and i didnt want to make a mistake in buying something only to learn later there was a better solution.
Jin man if you have time could you post the installation link again i remember seeing it before, i guess i could look through your posts but im sure you have about 13,000 of them. I figrured now would be a better time to install it before i put weight or load the tires.

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes #7  
The kits come with fairly good instructions as well. Only use sealant on tapered pipe threads. The use of sealants on banjo style, or flared type fittings will all but guarantee leakage.

Just called Titan machinery and they want $560.00 for the kit and an additional $230.00 for the valve. I was expecting around 600 but 800 holy crap!

A second kit was 523 and 230 for the valve

I wonder if a dealer other than titan machinery would be selling it for less, they have a monopoly here and they stick to their prices.

/ Tc 40da adding Rear remotes #9  
ND Teacher, I didn't post the pictures of the whole process. That was PineRidge who had that on his website and the website changed and the link is now gone. Someone else may have posted steps, but I don't remember.

I don't understand the pricing on your remotes. Everything needed was included in a single kit. Let me check on that for you and get back here with what I find.

EDIT: I just checked messicks.com website. The complete kit, including the valve, is:

Replacement for REAR REMOTE KIT
REMOTE KIT
Takes 1 to equal PN#710366036
$562.80 In Stock : 1

They also sell a replacement valve only for a little over $230. It appears your dealer, Titan, is charging you for the kit and another valve. I'd order from messicks.com if I were you. I don't think your dealer is doing you any favors.:mad:

Last edited:
Thanks Jinman! I just ordered it,should be here next wed or thur. I asked for the part number from Titan and it was one number off of the one at messicks. The number starting with an 8 was updated to the 7 number. The 8 number that titan gave me had no new crossreference so the person at messicks figured it was an outdated kit with no valve. I found my new parts store!
Thanks