Tractor
    ford 2600

Default need advice

Hi, my name is Dan and i am new to the site and need some advice, I have aKelly B-15 3 point mounted backhoe and want to purchase a Ford 2600 so that I can use my backhoe for small stump digging. I had a Bobcat Ct-230 compact tractor but wasnt able to use the backhoe due to the type of rear end, stamped metal, not cast like the 2600. does anyone have experience or knowledge about backhoe attachment on a 2600, thanks

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2000 TC40D, TnT, 758B BH

Default Re: need advice

Hi Dan, welcome to TBN. I don't have any personal knowledge on either the 2600 Tractor or the Kelley BH. TractorData tells me the 2600 is a mid-30s HP tractor and the hoe is probably suited to that size tractor. My only relevant comment is that 3 pt mounted backhoes are hard on the tractors themselves by virture of their mounting. Subframe BH's are preferred because the tractor frame is carrying the load and forces created. Pulling stumps is tough work for a BH as well. If you are handy you can fabricate a subframe. The 2600 is probably built a little more stout than todays compact tractors of similar HP but that's just a guess. Hopefully other members will have some suggestions for you.
    Bud

Tractor
    ford 2600

Default Re: need advice

thanks for the reply. I didnt buy the 2600 yesterday aafterall. I found a Ford 4000 that was in better shape, I know a subframe backhoe would be better but I already had the 3 point BH and couldnt aford the $ 7000 for a subframe one, thanks